Spacey German Board Game

Tinman

I found this board game at an antique mall in PA a couple weeks ago and finally got around to taking a few pictures; Google translates the title to:  A Journey to the Planet.  The box and board art has a neat blend of futuristic and dated craft and remains quite colorful; I'm not certain the board pieces are original and I'm hoping a fellow Dromer or two could shed more light on the piece if it's known.  Unfortunately there is no date or manufacturers information on the box or board.

IMG_9405.JPG

IMG_9408.JPGIMG_9416.JPG

IMG_9418.JPGIMG_9424.JPG

Thanks Brian, I agree with your guess on it's age.  I posted the find on a Vintage Space Toys page on FB and Gernot suggested it was actually Austrian due to the way "January" was spelled.  It seems to be a new one for everyone so it may be difficult to determine what game pieces actually came with the set.  Another member posted the below link, which may be where a lot of your pictures came from for the German Space Board Games database.

http://www.wirtschaftswundermuseum.de/weltraumspiele.html

From the instructions, Gernot also said the game came with four rockets and one robot for a total of 5 players, which may have looked like this:

45335643.jpg

There is no question that the robot playing piece, and the board illustration are based on Tobor the Great.

True that Brady.  It sounds like the "pieces" that came with my set are NOT original to the game; Gernot said the instructions also described the use of dice.  The rockets are moving up the board while the robot is used by a 5th player to move down the board, knocking the rockets back to the beginning.

Archived