6Stelab9's collection

6Stelab9

On 11/3/2023 at 4:39 PM, 6Stelab9 said:

Hi Alain, I guess we are the only two "robot fabophiles" on Alphadrome. I think this serie is nicely done. The last three on your photo are more crude.

Hi Stéphane,

Yes, the "galette des rois" is a rather tasty French tradition.

Alain

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6Stelab9

• Roboto

• robotoy75

• Martian Gil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great toys, Stephane!   Congrats!
I love the flavor and colors of your collection.
I've got a few of tiny glass figures as well, but cannot locate them at the moment - I did not know the made a little Robby tank - fabulous!
Also love that bank in the back right.   They have charm!

Hi, I live in France too and have been collecting happily for 18 months. The space commander was 25€ I think, it's almost given with the current market. It looks in superb condition externally, too bad about the battery compartment, I would have taken it if I hadn't already given my pocket money to other sellers. I guess you bought the two star fighters from the guy who was offering a bundle in Paris, I wanted to take it from him but he refused to ship. I also saw the Captain space transporter by Yonezawa, in a batch of old toys on leboncoin, I regret not paying the 20€ he asked for. The french market is really small, when I see a nice plastic robot, it often ends up at your place. By the way, very beautiful and impressive collection, I should have bought sooner, prices have gone crazy. 😃

Hi, I live in France too and have been collecting happily for 18 months. The space commander was 25€ I think, it's almost given with the current market. It looks in superb condition externally, too bad about the battery compartment, I would have taken it if I hadn't already given my pocket money to other sellers. I guess you bought the two star fighters from the guy who was offering a bundle in Paris, I wanted to take it from him but he refused to ship. I also saw the Captain space transporter by Yonezawa, in a batch of old toys on leboncoin, I regret not paying the 20€ he asked for. The french market is really small, when I see a nice plastic robot, it often ends up at your place. By the way, very beautiful and impressive collection, I should have bought sooner, prices have gone crazy.

Thank you Kirk and Alain

3 hours ago, Ceet said:

Hi, I live in France too and have been collecting happily for 18 months. The space commander was 25€ I think, it's almost given with the current market. It looks in superb condition externally, too bad about the battery compartment, I would have taken it if I hadn't already given my pocket money to other sellers. I guess you bought the two star fighters from the guy who was offering a bundle in Paris, I wanted to take it from him but he refused to ship. I also saw the Captain space transporter by Yonezawa, in a batch of old toys on leboncoin, I regret not paying the 20€ he asked for. The french market is really small, when I see a nice plastic robot, it often ends up at your place. By the way, very beautiful and impressive collection, I should have bought sooner, prices have gone crazy.

Welcome to Alphadrome Ceet. You are  right; I'm looking for nice robots at fair price and you can't imagine the number of robot I would have loved to buy  that ends up at someone else's place. It's the game,and there will always be new opportunities. I think there are many collectors in France but we are only two on Alphadrome.  I agree with you, the prices people sells them can be quite high, especially if you are looking for mint toy with mint box. Most of my robots are not mint and most of them doesn't work but I's OK with me. With patience you can have some  nice affordable robots. All depends on what kind  of collection you want. The hunt is fun so enjoy the hobby and I'm looking fiorward to see your collection.

Welcome to Alphadrome, Ceet I am one of the two French people Stéphane speaks about, I live in Paris and I have been collecting robots for over 20 years. I have a few duplicate robots (very few), if you are interested contact me.

Alain

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your warm welcome! 

I've seen your topic Alain, several times, absolutely outstanding. I'm always interested in acquiring other robots, but I won't bother you until I've got some money saved up, because your robots are usually far more valuable than the ones I have fun retrieving.

Stéphane: I have the same approach, even the "out of service" robots are still beautiful and decorative, and some of them evoke a certain tenderness and nostalgia that I really like. I've managed to repair some of them, but I haven't yet ventured into overly audacious restorations where I'd have to disassemble the most intricate mechanisms, as I often have to bend metal and fear cutting it. I've also broken a few pieces of plastic on very cheap robots, which has made me cautious. 

Over the last 12 months, I've probably caught a number of the robots you were thinking of buying, and I'll try to take a few photos on occasion, but I don't have a suitable place to display them at the moment. 

On 12/30/2023 at 9:37 PM, Ceet said:

Stéphane: I have the same approach, even the "out of service" robots are still beautiful and decorative, and some of them evoke a certain tenderness and nostalgia that I really like. I've managed to repair some of them, but I haven't yet ventured into overly audacious restorations where I'd have to disassemble the most intricate mechanisms, as I often have to bend metal and fear cutting it. I've also broken a few pieces of plastic on very cheap robots, which has made me cautious.

I can make some easy fixing on robots (clean contacts, solder...) but the tin  robots are so precious to me that I won't take  them apart. I haven't the skill to make a good restoration.   But there are a lots of tricks to start an old robot sometimes without opening it.  There are a lot of  precious informations and advices  from alphadromers that you can benefit: Robohut's videos of course (that are very informative and pleasant to watch too) and many more from other members too. Outside alphadrome,  I appreciate the video of Randi Rain you can see on youtube.

So in december I took the Space Explorer S-61 destination 2024. I'm also quite happy to have this SFA Terre-Mars saucer which is in my opinion the genuine conception of the toy and not so easy to grab.   

IMG_1467.JPG

Beautiful saucer!   
And you can always find space for the others!   Lovely haul!

5 hours ago, 6Stelab9 said:

I can make some easy fixing on robots (clean contacts, solder...) but the tin  robots are so precious to me that I won't take  them apart. I haven't the skill to make a good restoration.   But there are a lots of tricks to start an old robot sometimes without opening it.  There are a lot of  precious informations and advices  from alphadromers that you can benefit: Robohut's videos of course (that are very informative and pleasant to watch too) and many more from other members too. Outside alphadrome,  I appreciate the video of Randi Rain you can see on youtube.

I may have lacked precision when I landed on your topic, I've been browsing this forum since the last quarter of 2022, I meant to create an account but I would never receive the validation email, I ended up using a different address just to be able to post here.

I've been a subscriber to both channels since 2022, I do quite a bit of DIY on the side, I have a few tools and basics. Of course, I've soldered a few wires, oiled some mechanisms, and salvaged duplicates to replace gears. Nothing diabolical, I wouldn't risk anything advanced either. I like Randi's molding techniques, I'll have to learn how to do that. It's cleaner than filing off part of a broken gear to partially hoop it with a bolt.

Robothut's videos are great, the guy's awesome, I wish I could visit his museum and take lessons with him. His recent achievements in 3D printing have made me want to learn CAD again. 

Nice additions. I think the Space Explorer and Diver were on my list of favorites. 😁

• 2 months later...

My lastest additions:

January

IMG_1585.JPG.ec92ac5fcfc27561ada6e309b555bbfd.JPG

February / Special thanks to Dirk for the two mini robots!

IMG_1728.JPG.fcca980c9d70711a739cb02626f16d28.JPG

Stephane, great old toys - you are going to have an entire database in your collection!