6Stelab9's collection

6Stelab9

Hello, 

First of all, sorry for my english ( I'm french)
I'm collecting robots since 1999. I stopped buying intensively for about 10 years,  picking up a toy from time to time (well... two kids, town moving, a new house which need some works...). But I was hit back about two years ago  by the hobby and finally  collecting  intensively robots again (but i try to make better choices which means for me complete robot with box even if i don't research MIMB robots). I finally could drag up from the cardboard box my old robot collection for display about six month ago ( And it was great!). I like toy robots from all period  but according to what I can afford they are mainly plastic from 70's to 1985. Some times the Gods of  robotic toys :-)) grant me with more scarce or old robots. I can also buy recent ones and repros as long as I enjoy their design.
So here is a part of my collection.
To conclude, I enjoy  this forum and website for about fifteen years so of course I apply for the « mega advanced newbie » special status ! :biggrin:

IMG_0493 (Copier).JPG

IMG_0487 (Copier).JPG

IMG_0488 (Copier).JPG

IMG_0489 (Copier).JPG

IMG_0490 (Copier).JPG

IMG_0491 (Copier).JPG

IMG_0492 (Copier).JPG

IMG_0494_1 (Copier).jpg

IMG_0498 (Copier).JPG

IMG_0499 (Copier).JPG

IMG_0500 (Copier).JPG

IMG_0502 (Copier).JPG

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6Stelab9

• Roboto

• robotoy75

• Martian Gil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6Stelab9

Welcome aboard

A fine and varied collection.

You have definitely found the best robot / space toy forum out there.

Looking forward to your future posts.:cheers:

Thank you Spark. It's a modest collection compared to some of the alphadrome members. I'm just wondering all long will it take for you to start a collection again?:biggrin:

Stelab

If I do start it will be mainly 3D printed but now I am retired I don't think I will ever build up a big collection again. 

I get my kicks seeing all of your.great collection's growing.

I have Brian's Russian Man of Steel on order so a nice unique 3D collection will suffice.

Why dont you introduce yourself again on the main robot talk page. I am sure you will get a nice welcome there.

Not everyone visits the collection forum.:thumbs:

Welcome to Alphadrome!! 

Some nice pieces on your shelves, all beautiful and meant to be played with. These have been saved for whatever reason and you're now the caretaker of them.  I particularly love the white plastic 'bots, very nice. 

I've been collecting for over 40 years...during the '80s my wife told me to buy up all the plastics although I only wanted the tin stuff with box.  I should have listened, the plastic category is heating up a bit as collectors who had them when new now wish them back as most of us here will attest.

Have fun, best robot site for knowledge and guidance.:cheers:

Thank you guys! :cheers:

Spark, I understand what you mean, there is a time you need to be "lighter". Obviously,  Alphadrome doesn't help. :biggrin:

Morbius,I my opinion even poor quality toys (hong kong galaxy warrior for exemple) can have great design (this knockoff should now inspire Star Wars épisode X or  XI!) and reflect both design and toy industry history of their time. But I would like more tin robots. They are first class toys.

I notice that a robot you don't like some years ago can become suddently very desirable (that's what happened for the two press go robots you can see on the second photo).

My favorite category is toys only  conceived for children and not licensed from a movie.

As soon as I have some spare place on my shelves, i'll add photos of my other robots. 

Welcome on board 6Stelab9!

Thanks for posting your collection, like your affection with plastics and the variety of it! 

Hi 6Stelab9, welcome aboard, superb collection, delighted to meet another French collector on Alphadrome :woohoo:

Alain

Thank you Alle and merci Alain (may be you have recognized 2 of my radar hunter robots?) :cheers:  

Some new friends out on the shelves. Alle you might at least like one :biggrin:.

IMG_0569 (Copier).JPG

14 hours ago, 6Stelab9 said:

Thank you Alle and merci Alain (may be you have recognized 2 of my radar hunter robots?) :cheers:  

Some new friends out on the shelves. Alle you might at least like one :biggrin:.

IMG_0569 (Copier).JPG

Yes correct, simple beautiful robot! 😄

Welcome 6Stelab9, you have a great collection there.  I've been looking to branch into the Fisher-Price space figures you show above cause I've always liked them, what is the red one?

• 1 month later...

New additions! A yellow Star robot joined his fellows some days ago:

star robots.jpg

And today  I received a  Ranger and a Robbie Robot coming from Brazil. Even if they're not in perfect condition (they don't work and the boxes are in poor conditions), I'm very happy to have those so colorfull and fun toys!

I've been watching them for quite a long time and felt we have to meet.

RRrobots.jpg