My robot obsession

Robotsofbrooklyn

I just got back into the "fine" art game, after a twenty year break...well, I worked as everything from a set designer to a furniture maker (which is what I do now) and then just started drawing and painting again and it's robots as far as the eye can see. Here's some of my  doodles, almost everything is standard sharpie or ballpoint pen. I do commissions and sell robot drawings on a regular basis. I'm currently looking for someone who has The Rotor Robot by Cragstan, looking to swap a drawing for some detailed pics. Open to opinions and suggestions, my Instagram is robotsofbrooklyn .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great work, however, I must say, all the sketches have an air of dystopia about them, with subtle existential overtones...just an observation on my part. My question would be; are the robots suffering along with man, as a result of self-awareness, or are they the cause of man's suffering?

In all honesty these are for the most part self portraits. I've been drawing my own version of the smoking spaceman (which I had as a child) since I was a child. Unless I have something else in mind when I start drawing that's just naturally what I draw and yes I'm naturally drawn to distopian themes.

Archived