Jefe Robotino 3D Printed Prototype.

marco

There are not many robots I regretted I sold them but Robotina and Robotino were absolutely 2 of them.
Robotina ( The Female Version of this robot ) found a good home in Waterloo, never saw any trace of another one again.

Last month I bumped into a near mint and complete Robotino in Italy. My change to add this robot to my collection again.
Even before it arrived i had taken the robot apart, and had it digitally in 3D but I had to wait till the robot showed up.
THE perfect change to make Robotina ( Yep, the female one ) again.

Now catching this robot is not that easy with a 3D scanner because the robot is BIG.. maybe to big but I decided to go for it.
Took me a couple of days to catch the robots body and make a high-end 3D scan of it with all the details.
From there I decided to make a small reproduction of this robot to fit on my shelves. I added a clockwork mechanism and made the arms posable just like his big brother..
Here are some pictures of the first build I just completed. Now I got all the parts digitally and the robot working, I will start to build the long wished and long missed: RobotinA...
This Lady comes in green and got a nice apron, along with very nice details on the head.. you will see her as soon as she is ready...

Here are some pictures of the first prototype Robotino. Working example with hand painted details.
Cheers

Marco

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0125.JPG

DSC_0126.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

DSC_0128.JPG

Thanks guys,

Busy building up the first 5 and only 5 Robotino Robots.
Will be ready somehwere next week... 

If anybody is interested in getting one, let me know.
Work still in progress....

Marco

DSC_0093.JPG

Archived