The Prince Is Here

target

Having trouble here uploading photos , but check out Jays New Prince robot .What a great job ! Robotisland.

Neat work.

The Changing Prince is a magnet for 3D robot designers. Impossible to find, so a printed one is the closest that you'll get.  The legs and mechanism look like they've been taken from a Dynamic Fighter with the body and head dropped on top.  I don't think the head opens.

I know Oz is working on a version as we speak. It will be interesting to compare.

Here are the copy and original side by side. For $150 this is a decent value look-alike. But for $1590 I think I would expect a working prince with an opening head cage and revolving head. ( for that price I'd also expect a Maserati, but I'm a tight bugger).

changeprince1final_1024x1024.jpgpost-25-0-50688300-1303450309.jpg

I think I am going to be controversial here but I am saying as I see.

I don't like this copy.

Jay please don't be offended because as a rule I like most of your stock.

I think the main problem is I  really do not think 3D printed robots work when copying classic tin.

Even Marco's creations don't quite hit the spot with me although when given eye poppin colours as he does quite often they take on a life of their own.

Sorry for mentioning and comparing with Marco's copies again but his finish is immaculate and he is always striving for 3D perfection .

This Changing Prince however looks a basic 3D finish.

Well done Jay for keeping the cost down but as harsh as it sounds it the low cost finish shows.

All my opinion and not stating to offend.

Classic tin and plastic 3D just doesn't gel to me.

Now 3D versions of obscure movie/one off robots that is  to me is where it works.

Jay well done again for making an affordable copy but sorry I stand by my statement.

Not worthy of Changing Prince

Sorry, Spark, I've confused the issue with my comment on the price. This isn't a $150 robot, it's $1590. I guess that reflects its prototype nature.

Honestly for 1590 Dollars I would expect a better finish.

Prototype, hmm not sure if that excuses  the high price.

Look if someone is prepared to pay that amount for a robot that I still feel is not top notch that is entirely up to them.

It's not me buying it.

I couldn't even moan when my wife thought £400 was acceptable for a cooking pot.

I spent £400 on a pair of shoes once, whatever gives you joy at the time.

I still don't think this particular 3D toy prototype is a worthy representation of the tin classis

Changing Prince.

Archived