Lighting up a dark 50 robot cabinet

roboz

Used stick on remote control LED's battery powered ( 3 triple A's) 

included in the price , 6 pack was appx $35 at Lowes or Home depot

Will use some more to light up dark areas of my lighted cabinets or display shelves

Looks GREAT Oz. Thanks for sharing! I will tell you keep alot of those Triple A's on hand as they wear down fairly quickly. Enjoy!!

I have these same lights. They use 3 AAAs for each light, but they last ok. Sure improve the lighting in those areas where hard wired lights might be impractical. 

Thanks OZ!

Thanks Guys I rarely turn on the lights as I don't want any fading or such

for that matter been meaning to start a thread on the effects of different lights on the robots

but yeah I used the supplied batteries which I imagine are cheeeeeeep !

not to mention the watch battery in the remote

Cool video Oz! I have led in my cabinet and can choose by remote out of many colors. It's really a cheap investment for so much more pleasure when you can see all robots well in the cabinet! Thanks for sharing.

Oz that's cool Literally. LED's are definitely the way forward.

I found that one of the problems with old trad ways of lighting was the heat they generated.

The price and remote option is a bonus.

Very nice.:cheers:

I like the idea. I want to try that myself. Problem is all I can find are tea lights in multi packs, which I don't think will be bright enough. What exactly did you get?

As excited as I was when i installed a number of these LED's/w remote  in my cabinet am sorry to say after about 3 weeks the intensity of the light seemed to diminish due to battery wear (and I used VG batteries). I think batteries get drained just from being set up with remote as they were not on that much. Even though you cannot reach those lower shelves with one top light I reverted back to hard wire and could not be happier. I was spending alot$ on constant battery changes. JUST MY TAKE

Very nice, Oz!

I use some plug-in LED strips from Ikea. I like them, but unfortunately, the color balance is off between packages. One set of "white" LEDs are daylight balanced, another set -- also marked "white" -- are balanced like incandescent bulbs. Much warmer, with a bit of yellow in the light. It's pretty noticeable against my white shelves. At this point, I'd rather pay a little more for lights that I know are properly daylight balanced -- around 4000-4800k -- and will output a consistent amount of light without fading due to battery life. I just need to get off my lazy butt and buy them! :-)

Hi all. Just a warning about the lights John mention. You only get one light. There are five LEDs in the light but it's only one light. Thanks John for the effort.

Ken I think the small ones I have are plenty bright 

remember you can put multiples close together if you had to 

Brian I use 2700k & find it OK , too white makes me feel like fluorescent 

but it's a matter of taste. Regardless I'm paranoid that ANY light can cause some fading 

so I rarely turn them on but that discussion merits it's own thread 

Archived