Rocking Body 3d printed walking robot #5

robothut

I had this idea for a pin walking Drone type robot with a body that rocks side to side so that it has a action more like the movie robots did. So here it is . I call it ROCKIE 5. I used my stable tilt foot design from the first Alpha Bot robots way back when and added my new Rocking body design to that. A single motor gear box can then control both foot lifting walking action and the body tipping action. 2 AA batteries power the motor and the light. not shown in the video is a the battery box, switch and light.

All the parts print with no support. Motor gear box can be set up for a higher speed action but the motor current draw makes for a short run time in that setting. The extra round shaft that comes with the motor unit is used as the pivot shaft for the body mechanics. Some more pictures.

DSC02914.jpg

DSC02915.jpg

DSC02918.jpg

DSC02921.jpg

DSC02922.jpg

DSC02948.jpg

DSC02949.jpg

DSC02950.jpg

Here are some inside shots. I added a way to secure the motor wires so they do not break lose from the motor with all that Rocking action. Battery, light , switch and motor wiring. And the pin walking assembly fits in motor side first.

DSC02964.jpg

DSC02965.jpg

DSC02966.jpg

Superb John! I like this #5 Robot better than the newbie #4 Robot, which is lovely, but you have really nailed it with the #5 Robot - well done indeed :thumbs:

OK, I asked Ken to knock out some box artwork for the new bot. I was not able to find a proper sized box "unless you want to buy 100" so I will be modifying some boxes for this project. I have ordered a few shipping boxes as they are cheep. I will ship off prototype #1 to Ken as a thank you for his box artwork and then I will know what it costs to mail one also. Once the shipping boxes  get here I can mail out a few of these should any one be interested.

DSC02968.jpg

Archived