3D Space Patrol Cyclops Robot

Mr.Zerox

I wait for the box to arrive with great anticipation from Brian. The box containing Brian's 3D model of the Cyclops Robot from  Roberta Leigh's Space Patrol. People of a certain age will fondly remember the show as a forerunner to Gerry Anderson Fireball XL5.  Sadly, I wasn't even born when Space Patrol aired, but I have been catching up with the episodes on YouTube. The box is plain white with a nice photograph of the original puppet Robot on the lid. On opening the box we find the beautifully printed Cyclops Robot in two halves printed in Silver and a Black printed base.   

Brian has captured the likeness of the Cyclops Robert perfectly and looks just like the original puppet seen on the lid. The Robot is made in two halves and joins at the waist and when put together the robot stands an impressive 11 1/2 inches tall. The Robot's arms are semi articulated and also has a cool feature where with a flick of a switch on the back of the head, the Robot's cyclops eye ligts up giving life to the Robot. All in all the Robot wins a 10/10. Well done Brian and I look foward to more Robots that your 3D printer brings us?
Photos to follow.....

Brian has done a good job as usual, it's tricky keeping up with John, Marco and Brian churning out these 3D robots.

Archived