3d printed Robot #4 Nebie "Silent Runner"

robothut

Here is a shot of the build parts all 49 of them. OK I did not put the resistor in the picture but you get the idea. There are 11 3d printed parts and 36 other parts both mechanical and electrical. Also there would be the box parts since I have to make the boxes as well. And there would be the glue the paint the vynal numbers and solder & wire.

DSC02864.jpg

The parts all print with no supports to save time and plastic. The mini motor gear box has to be assembled by me and it can be set up for 12 different output speeds but of those when running on two AA batteries only one is a good fit. I did make one robot with a higher speed walk just too see and it tends to fall over from time to time when run with fresh batterys,. The GEAT box artwork was done by Ken N.

No tools required to get too the batteries.

DSC02867.jpg

DSC02870.jpg

DSC02871.jpg

DSC02872.jpg

DSC02874.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

I have not mailed out any yet so I do not know what shipping this year will be, I do know it has gone up yet again. I would like to shoot for $125.00 per robot shipped.

Ken gets the first one "pre space sound" and at a discount price for his work on the box art and I have 3 other's in line that take up the first one with space sound test, the non painted one "all silver plastic" and the high speed runner. I am taking number 5. So if your interested in one or more email me at my robothut@yahoo.com address, not the Alphadrome PM system, I want all the requests in one location.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/Drone4pageComp.html

Ok update to the high speed walking robot. I went in and changed the gear ratio to 70 RPM and now the robot walks twice as fast and is stable.

So when you order a robot you can have a fast walker or a slow walker and you can have a painted or a non painted version.

Here is the inside details on the motor gear box. The gear box part has a upper or a lower drive axle. The upper has 3 speed, as does the lower. I designed the mounting plate for the motor gear box to use the upper drive shaft and gave the low speed walking at 33 RPM. The next speed on the upper drive shaft is 147 RPM and we all saw what that looks like in the first video, fast but the robot tends to fall over. So I took the robot apart and added a 5mm mounting plate to the motor mount area. Now I can use the lower drive shaft and that will give me a fast walk that is stable at 70 RPM. here are some inside pictures.  and the data sheet on selecting different gear ratios, the ratios can be converted to RPM based on operating voltage.

DSC02889.jpg

DSC02890.jpg

DSC02892.jpg

DSC02893.jpg

Well, my Newbie arrived. He survived the handling of our postal service. He looks great and works even better. John really outdid himself on this one. Great robot.

Newbie.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived