Robot Drone #4 preview

robothut

I will start a project thread in the 3d printing area once some parts arrive. But here is the new robot project for 2017. Robot Drone #4. based on the 3 Drone robots from Silent Running I wanted to design a #4 robot called Newbie. Its battery operated and walks with flashing light in chest. I have some beepers on order so it may beep. Once I get more silver PLA plastic, motor gear boxes, battery holder's, and boxes "Ken is working on the box artwork" I will do a post on the build and a video of the robot in action. To keep safe from copyright I will refer to this as robot #4 and instead of Silent Running I may use the words Silent Runner. The 2 AA batterys are easly installed in the back hatch, no tools required.

DSC02815.jpg

DSC02813.jpg

DSC02812.jpg

DSC02814.jpg

Yes I will be making these for sale. I want to earn enough money this year to buy a better computer so I can do more STL file modifications with out crashing.

There will be two prototypes, the one pictured that is glued together and one that is screwed together that may or may not beep, I will not know until more parts arrive. Then I will be building for the masses.

Looking good, John! Maybe you should try plugging the term "silent running" into a translator, translating it into Japanese, then translate that answer into Chinese, then translate that result back to English. I bet you'll have an awesome robot name then, and no copyright worries.

Well, I tried it with Google translate, and ended up with "mute the operation", but I still think the process has potential.

John, this is a toy that has been needed for some time; with the exception of a garage model kit, there have been no toys made of the drones. This is fantastic, and you did an excellent job on it as well, the details are impressive, thanks!

Yes, put me down for one of these.

Archived