FUTREK SAUCER LIGHT

Phil R

I bought this saucer light last week in West Virginia.  It's a trademarked ceramic item by Burk dated 1976.  It's the type that was cast by mold and kiln fired in a ceramic studio. The item would  then be selected by an individual to paint at home or in the studio.  The 11" saucer was wired inside with christmas style bulbs and sockets and illuminated through the holes and hung by a chain. The feet were fired separately and glued on. It looks more like a earlier style saucer that might have been a Russian item from the 50s. Has anyone ever seen it?

P2210005.JPG

P2210007.JPG

P2210008.JPG

P2210009.JPG

Andy, the chord goes through a threaded pipe that attaches to the top cap and the bottom circular ceramic cap.  It goes through the bottom cap and back through a hole in the cap. The chord ges through a  sequence of  4 sockets with pins and a slide that pushes the pins into the wires in the chord. Originally it was 5 sockets but one had broken pins, so I redid the configuration with 4 sockets. I also remade the retainer to the hold the 4 in place.  Apparently you can't get this type socket anymore. 

P2240011-002.JPG

Archived