Royal Tot Space Cap Bombs.

Martian Gil

Hello, 

Does anyone out there have any good information on Royal Tot Mfg. Co. of Brooklyn?

I've found a couple of cool, little S-4 Space Bombs and I have a few other versions on my way.

I did find a couple threads by Tinman & Renmarx about Royal Tot cap bombs / space rockets - with some great pics - that purple rocket is a gem.

I'm curious if anyone knows dates and how many types were made - I know color varieties will be numerous... I hope!

By Monday, I should have 3 different models - in various colors.   And a couple other mystery bombs.   I'll post some pics when I'm able.

Any info or other pics would be appreciated - these little toys have a great look to them!  They should be great little fillers.

Thanks - Kirk

Here are two of the Royal Tot cap bombs - for size, referenced with a couple key chain puzzles.

I have a couple more flavors in the mail.

If this should be moved, please feel free.

Cheers

DSC00294.JPG

I don't know much about them and thought I had other pics for reference...I'll have to keep looking.  Here are a few I have in my collection; the yellowed-white one came on the card with one of it's fins slipped through the slot.  The purple one IS a beauty and still has the hard-to-find plastic tip which probably fell off after it's first use...this one looks like it never took a flight.  I'm not sure why they were called "bombs"...bombs usually don't have spacemen in them.

IMG_2074.JPGSV-065.JPG

S_DSCN4575.JPG

Thanks Tinman - I wondered about the Dr. Strangleove-like theme going with these rockets / bombs.  

None of these astronauts bear a resemblance to Slim Pickens though - that would have been a deal breaker - lol.

All 3 bombs that you've shown are in great shape - great looking toys.   And a bit easier on the wallet - nice little chasers!

• 5 years later...