Marx Erie Prototype Project

Brian..

Since it is being called a prototype, could it be the prototype for the Marx Electric Robot ?

Since this was being made before Robert was released, could they have been working on their

own robot and decided after seeing Robert that a skirted robot was a better idea ? Then they use  the head turn and the arms turning from the prototype and then they make the eyes light up.  I think the Marx Electric Robot is a much better Robot than the pin walker version.

I think a slower walk would look better on the Pin Walker.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job, Chapeau bas !!! The copy is perfect, the Robot design still hurts, too much of a head , in my opinion, maybe one of the reasons he never went beyond prototype design.

Contact me for shippin & payin details, whenever you feel like it (still ASAP, of course)

• 1 month later...

Here is Erie numero uno 

A million thanks Brian !

This robot has an amazing presence that just doesn't translate well in pics

in fact when the original was discocvered I didn't have as much zeal as say David despite being the underbidder

when you hold Brian's amazing version in your hand you understand the impact the original has

Makes me regret I didn't bump up that last bid a bit higher though likely Mr E would have been ahead

Needless to say this is a wonderful consolation to the original & thrilled to have it 

Thanks again Brian & congrats to fellow Erie Owners ! 

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

I have a feeling I've missed someone out. If anyone has requested this robot, and I haven't contacted you, please message me.

I'm tempted to try a version with a less outrageous head. Perhaps a square Electric Robot head version.

2 hours ago, Brian.. said:

I'm tempted to try a version with a less outrageous head. Perhaps a square Electric Robot head version.

Sounds good Brian. Send one down. 😁

Congrats Oz, it's wonderful isn't it! 👍🤖👍🤖

IMG_0202.JPG

• Brian.. changed the title to Marx Erie Prototype Project

Archived