Marx Erie Prototype Project

Brian..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shape of the arms look good but the color seems too BRIGHT and GLARING.

How about black arms with copper highlights ?

That way the arms blend into the body and the head stands out again.

The red highlights on the head are fine but the arms seem too overpowering and 

shift the focus away from the head and body.  Just my opinion.

Wow that's great Brian , well done ! Look forward to these coming out, you're going to need a few more Prusa's !!

The Arms look great BTW , The original one aged 60 years , I bet it's colors were vibrant when it was 1st made 

Yes, Mike, they are bright. I've used brush applied red enamel, which is very strident, and I've matched the colour to the other red on the body.

The red arms are based on the Marx precedent, but it's just a lick of paint and easily adjusted to suit personal taste. I'll give your combination a try.

I should have a walking lighted robot later today.

0d2e9221d7fd6d7bbf83d3b895ebcc9a.jpg

Great work Brian. Now I can see why I cant get hold of you!  Send him down when your done tinkering, there is a space waiting!

Cheers.

That looks great. I hadn't seen all these improvements. I like how you've rounded the bottom edge of the hat. If you're interested in more fidelity, have a look at the angles in the feet - the angles have a lot in common with the shoulders. That's the only thing that I see that could be improved. Are you going to make the head turn? Did I already ask that?

Just lighted eyes for now. Perhaps a light in the chest to compensate for no clockwork there. The arms swing naturally as it waddles. I'm at my limit for designing mechanisms at the moment so the head is static.  I need to go back to basics to get internal linkages. Hopefully it will be running tomorrow. It's a fun project and trickier than I first thought.

A battery in that head would make it seriously unstable. I'll see what happens.

Eric won the prototype, Brady.

Here's the guy in action. First a red arm version then, for Mike, a black arm. I will put a switch in the nose once I source one.

So where is the battery pack located ? Very nice work Brian I love it ! Nice beat to the walking action , a guy could play some music to that beat !

Archived