Mechanical Man 1921 arrives!

Ranger

Brian I am loving all the 3D printed robots but in my opinion this is the best. I think toy copies are fine and a great opportunity to own a version of a usually unaffordable classic. 

Your choice to print and assemble versions of the classic vintage robots ( not particularly toys) but movie and innovative inventions is perfect for the amateur builder.

If the Mechanical man is representative of your judgment on what to build, the future of 3D printing of iconic robots is in safe hands.

I totally agree with you spark, I could not have said it better. These are something old but also new, never been done before, that has to be good. A working model of a film robot from way back in 1921, who would have thought it eh?  Great stuff. Mechanical Man 21 is a very appealing, detailed and atmospheric piece. I think you are right that this is Brian's best so far. I remember speaking to him about these projects and its not very long ago and he was struggling to do a single rivet! Now look, there must be a couple of hundred on the mech man. He was finding it hard to get a walking robot and now this one walks beautifully and perfectly balanced.  I just love this one! I will post a photo tomorrow of all 6 robots I have got that Brian has made already. Cheers.

Very, very cool stuff going on here. My collecting has been somewhat dormant but I see I will have to budget some new money for a totally new wing of collecting. Great work Brian as well as others with the printers. I really like the antique looking box.:cheers:

Archived