Mechanical Man 1921 arrives!

Ranger

:woohoo: The post arrived today and my prototype Mechanical Man 21 has arrived. I have never seen so many rivets, it's truly a stunning robot!  Approx 12" tall, heavy for a plastic robot too. It has the most wonderfully smooth walking action and light up eyes.  I was thinking of maybe highlighting the rivets with silver or copper/brass paint which will take ages but also as it's the prototype I may just leave him as he is. Anyone who has ordered one of these certainly won't be disappointed!  I love all the other robots Brian has made that I have got but this one raises the bar, excellent work Brian and thanks again!:thumbs: I am only posting a few photos as I am having to use the darned Kindle again and it doesn't do the robot justice. 

KINDLE_CAMERA_1483619467000.jpg

KINDLE_CAMERA_1483619051000.jpg

KINDLE_CAMERA_1483619991000.jpg

KINDLE_CAMERA_1483619564000.jpg

Kudos, Paul!   He looks great.   Brian has got it figured out.

For the rivets - you'll need to get another one to leave the proto-type as-is :)   two bots are better than one?

What abut gilding the rivets?   Tedious, but that would look nice.   I did my Rigg Nando in a liquid leaf gold.  it was pleasing.   

Yes, Mechanical Man will be shipping next week. Some more painting, some motor testing and then a last assembly. I'll be in touch with those who have expressed interest.

Thanks Kirk, yes, no doubt I may paint the rivets on a second one and leave the prototype as it is. It's a fantastic robot,I am delighted with it. 

Very nice Mech 21 Ranger, :thumbs: i love the rivets, congrats

i love the retro times, It was very good that Brian brought back this magnificent robot.

cheers,

Thanks guy's. Yes, Joao, it's really great that Brian is making these old movie robots that have never been made as a toy robot before. 

:cheers: 

Yes MRH, it's been 30 years ago this year that I first met Brian at Buxton Toy fair. I have been skint ever since! :wacko:. Seems like it was just a couple of years ago, how time has flown by.

That reminds me, I had better paypal over some money to him!!

He totally rocks!  Congratulations Ranger for acquiring him and to Brian for your hard work and creativity!

You definitely need another one Ranger,  personally I would leave the prototype as he is:). 

I'm definitely still interested in purchasing one too please!

Archived