HORIKAWA ATTACKING MARTIAN MOTOR DRIVE GEAR ???

ROBODUDE

Hello !  I was hoping to consult Alphadrome members store of knowledge--I just got a silver attacking martian from the sixties on Ebay for $50  I took it apart only to find that the only thing wrong with it is the small gear that attaches directly to the motor was shattered into a million pieces:blub: it was a plastic gear which is weird because all the other ones are brass or metal--Does anyone know the size and # of teeth that small gear has ??? I would like to try to replace it with one from ebay. The motor runs great and as far as I can tell everything should work !!!  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me !!!!!---Rich

Thanks for responding--I think I am going to try to replace it with a brass gear if I can find one small enough-Thanks again-Rich

It would be best to buy something like this which are good quality and will press fit easily on the motor drive shaft, pressing on a brass one would be a bit tricky with the motor still in position. Most of us here would use a plastic/nylon gear. 

Tamiya 8 tooth gear

Thank you MRH !!! I  was worried about getting a brass gear on---this looks like the best compromise with the gear being reinforced ! I was thinking a regular plastic gear probably would not last very long !  Thanks again for your help !   Rich

• 2 months later...

Try gizmozone.com

8-5-5-1.9

8 tooth  5mm diameter 5mm width 1.9 axle hole, this would be the size that you will need 

the motor axle is 2mm but you will need 1.9mm for the correct fit ( this is why they split over time )

sorry to be so late with the info.

Racerxc70

Archived