Robot Island Moon Robot logo question ?

SH MIKE

What does the logo on the Moon Robot from Robot Island represent ?

What is the company making it ? 

" Produced from the original 1950's version "   

I hope it looks like the original.

moonrobbylogo.jpg

moonrobotadvertisingfinal_1024x1024.jpg

Here are a few close-ups.

Production numbers: black 400, Gold 400, Silver 400, Blue 400, Yellow 100, Green 100 Red 100, Grey 100 pieces .

moon robot1.jpg

moon robot.jpg

They are on pre-orders on Robot island site at 195 $ per version, but the red one that seems his EXCLUSIVE & that goes for 295

3 hours ago, Roboto said:

The same logo appears on the 8 man robots so it seem there is a new tin company making great looking reproductions

Sparkrobot mentioned in another thread about the 8 Man, seeing the repro 8 Man and the repro Moon robot for sale on the same stand at Sandown Toy Fair, so both would have that trademark it appears, the question is of course, how did the trader at Sandown get their hands on the repro Moon robot last year before Jay at Robot Island. :scratchhead:

Jay is the exclusive dealer in the US ! The same company did make the  8 Man Robot . The quality is excellent , and the colors are awesome. I personally ordered a full set . I am sure they will come out with more robots after they are done with this project ! Please go to Jay 's website at www.robotisland.com to order your Robby .

It was right at the end of the toyfair and I was more interested in selling than buying so although I was tempted for a couple of pieces I pulled myself away.

I now believe he was a rep of some sort. Whether he was the main man who had requisioned them and was promoting his wares in the in the UK I am not sure but I am convinced he  saw me as a potential distributor.  

Now being part of alphadrome again I wish I had gathered a lot more information.

At the next toyfair in March if he is there I will try and find out more about him.

On 1/3/2017 at 3:18 PM, SH MIKE said:

Are the hands and ears going to be made of hard rubber or plastic ?

Red Moon Robot Sample.  Rare version since it is Production #2 of only 100 pieces produced in Red.  The Red version is also already sold out by the production factory.  These really turned out beautiful!  Robot stands 10" tall just like the original.  Walks with turning spindles seen behind his dome, and strong sparkling action seen behind his red translucent mouth piece.  Hands and ears are a strong but soft construction so they will last forever compared to the original brittle rubber used on the 1950's version

moonrobotred.jpg

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!!  First production of "Black Moon Robots" are scheduled to ship from the Factory March 1st.  Assembly of the other colors are scheduled to ship the following month.  Production company is same as "8 Man".  Yes, Robot Island LLC is exclusive North American distributor.  Thank you for your patience.    Hope to have them at Botstock this year!   Jay

• 1 month later...