Mechanical Man 1921 Project

Brian..

Thanks Steve. There is very little clean up needed - 10 or 20 seconds for a piece. The head, which is a cone shape, needs slightly more.  I could probably print with minimal support but would risk prints failing. Better to use an extra few pennies worth of plastic. It all fits together in the most satisfying manner. I will confess that there are certain things that I dislike, especially spray painting them and making custom boxes.

A minor malfunction of the main printer has currently halted production. I have ordered a replacement part and will be busy shortly. (hopefully)

I think that in future I will concentrate on more designing and less on big production runs.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, Brian.. said:

A minor malfunction of the main printer has currently halted production. I have ordered a replacement part and will be busy shortly. (hopefully)

Brian, did you get  your printer up and running?

Oh, and BTW; when you do get the system back on line, I'd prefer my robot with the red arms, not black, I think it matches much better, thanks again, for all the work.

Brady, it's back in action. It was a bigger repair than I thought. A rogue print tore some wires off the nozzle

Yes, the red arm version does look better IMHO.

The Postman brought me something nice this morning. I am now the proud owner of Brian's Mechanical Man #13! A superb Robot and beautifully made, the attention to detail is amazing.

The box is very nice too. A big thank you to Brian for a wonderful Robot to add to my collection :thumbs: 

Mechanical Man1.jpg

Mechanical man2.jpg

Archived