Mechanical Man 1921 Project

Brian..

Here's my latest project, the Machine Man 1921. It's a crazy robot that appears in a fragmentary Italian film dated to 1921. It's based on the chassis that I've been working on and it walks well.  Fortunately these early film robots have humans inside them so the body-leg proportions are similar.   The robot is a substantial 12" tall and runs off three batteries, one for the walking action and two for the lights. I'll post a video of the robot in operation.

Merry Christmas everybody.

MM2.jpg

Here's a clip from the 1921 movie:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG  you HAVE to put me on a list for this as an Italian I have been waiting for this !!!!!!

In fact put me on the top of the list & let me pre pay !!

Great job brian! The robot looks fantastic, a real robots-robot with the rivets and all,

can you line up all that youve made and picture? Would be great to see them together

Now THAT is a robot!!! :eeek: 

It looks like it is made from solid steel; a fantastic job! And, yes, please put me on the list for one as well!!  :thumbs:

Very impessive!

You have already created a fantastic couple of early movies robots. Suppose there are still a few more you might select? This looks like going to be a breathtaking lineup of the early inspirations from film and literature. Hope your enthusiasm will continue!

You are actually capturing the thrill and mood of those characters in photos and in 3D-build.

Archived