Mechanical Man 1921 Project

Brian..

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, almost ready, old bean. I'm just testing them again, making the boxes, adding antennas, painting twiddly bits, trying to recover Robot A Day, printing Erie Robots and working on the design of a new robot. 

I did less work before I retired.

Yes, Ken. I've started posting the first batch out in order form. I've reached No 7 of 10 completed and am working through the rest. I have another six at the assembly stage. I don't want to rush: I want each to be properly finished, working and well packed.   Everyone who asked will get one. I was rather taken aback by the demand.  I've also tried to make allowance for possible failures and postal disasters so I have a little reserve stock to keep customers happy.

The Erie Robots are all printed but I haven't started assembling them yet. Fortunately they only take a quarter of the time of the Mechanical Man.

Brian , estactic with MM #1 

Much appreciated ! Amazing presence to

this robot & a huge fan of the early mechanical men in particular the lone Italian of the bunch 😎 Anyway thanks again for this wonderful creation , under the weather & this really perked me right up !! 

Look forward to other collectors posting theirs 

IMG_0826.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

Fantastic build Brian. Just wonderful craftsman.  The level of detail is inspiring. Was there much cleanup after output of each part?

Archived