Mechanical Man 1921 Project

Brian..

Yes gents, I will make this one. I'm more geared up than last time but each print takes 3 days. 32 separate parts (18 of which make up the legs!!!)  plus a motor, LEDs, and switch. I could reduce the number of parts but that would involve compromising the quality of the finish on some surfaces. I need to work out a price, but it will not be excessive.

Marco, I'm playing with a clockwork version and should have a video tomorrow.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the wind up version.  It was a 10 minute swap out of the motor. I won't offer this version, though, because I just don't have the clockwork motors.

Brian, that is superb news that you will be producing this guy!   Nice to see him in action!

I'm saving my pennies:). 

I agree with TP6, the colouring of the prototype is fab!  

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Slow but steady progress. I'm reaching the end of the printing phase and beginning painting and assembly.

I must confess that I spent a day or two on that Marx prototype because it had a boiler in the chest. I had been working on a boiler design and that one magically appeared.

IMG_20170108_224436.jpg

This is exciting Brian !!!! Can't wait--Please let me know when you are ready and I'll paypal the money to you---This is your best robot yet ---YAAAAHOOO   !!!!!

Archived