Mechanical Man 1921 Project

Brian..

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally ironed out the walking action and here he goes. When you add the heavy body, arms and head to the chassis a whole heap of problems emerge.

The slow speed is deliberate and requires just one AA cell.  A pair of batteries would double his speed but this seems about right. This prototype has a habit of sticking but there'll be much more clearance on the production version. The lights use two AAA cells. I did have a red light in the mouth but that was OTT.

For stability the batteries have to be low down but that makes them inaccessible. So now they're in a removable battery holder that slides onto the motor mount. The body splits at the middle to allow access. The robot is very stable.

I think a little color highlighting is in order.

That is one awesome looking robot Brian!  You've outdone yourself:). 

Yes please, if you go into production, I would love to have one!

Cheers!

Brian, the consistent ratcheting sound compliments the retro steel look of the thing. This one's a keeper, just tell me when the pre-orders begin. :thumbs:

I am just about to leave to the UK to pick one up in person :)  hehehehe

wonderful job Brian ! Have you tried the windup mechanism as well on this one ?
just curious.

Marco

Brian even though I am out of the collecting business that does not stop me appreciating a great robot.

Fantastic work and I really love the sound it makes. I imagine the scaled up full size version making a loud clanking sound ( even if it doesn't in the film version it should😊)

Absolutely brilliant I will be extremely jealous of all future owners😯😊

He's great. I love the sound! Have you answered - are you making them for sale? I've way slowed down buying things, but I'll start saving my pennies for this one.

Archived