Mechanical Man 1921 Project

Brian..

Brian he is soo good you will have to roll him out. I'm talking mass production

:biggrin:

A great job. Have you made many custom robots? I would like to see.them if you have.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a post I did many years ago with lots of frame grabs from the movie, there were two different robots as I recall. In any case can't wait to see the video Brian, and great job on bringing it to 3d life !

Thanks, guys.

There's still a long snagging list needing attention. I want to make sure that it is reliable before I build in quantity. I need easy access to change the batteries, a switch that doesn't get in the way of everything, a decent wiring loom with snap fit connectors, So I'm working on a removable battery case and have sent off for some new hardware. it's in pieces again so I'll post the video once it's been reassembled with the improved components.

Would you believe that the rivets are now getting in the way of the walking action? A couple of them catch on the base plate. That's a problem I didn't have on the smooth version! It's also underpowered. I need a slow, strong walk but it's either running around like Benny Hill or crawling along like a snail. I'd like the arms to swing but that may be a bit too ambitious at this stage - they are big heavy arms that act as counterweights.

If you are interested in the robot I will do my best but I need this one to be robust.

Ozzie,  the main exterior parts were printed on the Prusa I3 with the more basic innards printed on the Flashforge Dreamer.

John, you're spot on about the two robots.  I thought I was losing it until I realised that there were two different versions.

Archived