BotStock 14 - The Official Thread

DEEP SPACE-11

Ten days to go!

I can't believe it's been 13 years since these annual gatherings started. Here's a look back at BotStock One:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry to say I will not be able to attend Botstock this year. The high school FIRST robotics team I mentor has qualified for the New England regional championship and a chance at the world championship in St Louis and our schedules conflict with Botstock. I will miss seeing you all there.

Joe

I will be down in Philly this summer and will come out for a visit.

The clock is ticking! You know something; no matter how many of these I attend (I think this will be my 5th Botstock) I always get excited about going, it never gets old...just me. :biggrin:

54 minutes ago, Tinplate6 said:

The clock is ticking! You know something; no matter how many of these I attend (I think this will be my 5th Botstock) I always get excited about going, it never gets old...just me. :biggrin:

Same here Brady. I am now counting down the days.

Always the item that garners the most amount of raffle tickets. Thank you once again this year for your contribution, Andy.

3 hours ago, Andyman said:

I'm busting a nut trying to get my Andybot ready in time. I think you guys will get a kick out of it.

I'm sure we will Andy.  Always amazing stuff from your workbench.

kick.jpg

Here he is, Alpha XIV. I think I got the Roman numerals right. Does that say 14? Anyhoo...some lucky Botstock 14 attendee will go home with this beauty. This 10" cyclopian wonder features a button activated eye blinking LED which also engages the meter needle to oscillate back and forth. His arms are bendable and can be posed in may positions. The electric motor casing head still has a ring magnet in it (which I normally remove) to magically hold it in place on its heavy metal gear teeth. Once removed, the head/helmet feature betrays Alpha XIV's severe lack of brain power. Oh well, at least he can keep the beat. Now to make the box and get this bot over to Joe, stat!  Enjoy!

Alpha XIV-03 sm.jpgAlpha XIV-05 sm.jpg

Alpha XIV-10 sm.jpgAlpha XIV-11 sm.jpg

Here's a demo of Alpha XIV in action.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Morbius said:

Joe, keep watch for a small package for Botstock raffle that Kelly sent today. Have fun all!:cheers:

Package received! Thanks. Hope Kelly is feeling much better. Maybe next year we'll get to meet up together.

Thank you Joe, you know how we love seeing you and your wonderful museum.  Kelly's still got her original bag of goodies from 2007 that you graciously loaded up with goodies for her trip home and the plush sunflower she's had every day in the car since.  Thanks for the well-wishes to Kelly, she's feeling much better now, got her veggie garden started in her room ready for planting in the spring...and it's great therapy.  Also she's made a batch of Kombucha this past week from the recipe of an old friend's Dad who coached her.  Her brewing is doing well!  

Hope to see you soon.

Scobie2 (2).JPG

Archived