BotStock 14 - The Official Thread

DEEP SPACE-11

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady -

Unless I'm reading the catalog wrong, the robots and space toys kick off SATURDAY morning's events:

morphy auction sat.JPG

morphy auction sat 3.JPG

Open House at your place on FRIDAY, perhaps?  Or, SUNDAY?

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Its the middle of the First robotics national high school competition season and I spend most of my time working with my team. I'll have to check with my boss and see what she has to say.

Oh, sorry Joe, I thought the auction was Friday morning. Well, that actually works better, as I was going to leave here early Friday morning anyway. So, Friday, 14 April it is! I'll have everything open by 9AM, you can either start at my place, then drive up to Adamstown that afternoon, or, for those who show up Thursday, drive down Friday morning. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again, and specially the folks who are attending Botstock for the first time!

Well, so far I have; Ken, Pam, Marcy, Richard, Robert & Sherri, that's enough to make it worthwhile. So as of right now, the open house is a go. Any others will just be icing on the cake.

Oh, did I mention; lunch is on me? Yup, a delicious meal at the Asian Hibachi Grill Buffet, before we head back up to Joe's place. 

If you will already be at Adamstown Thursday night, then you should leave there about 7:30 AM to get here around 9 AM. We'll all go to lunch at noon, then leave here together for Joe's at 1:30 PM, to arrive in adamstown by 3 PM, in plenty of time to have the day there.

I look forward to seeing you all Friday morning, 14 April.

Adapting to my occasionally fluid schedule, it first appeared that I would only be able to make it to the traditional Saturday evening dinner.  As of today, the schedule has changed again and I'll do my best to make it out there for the day on Saturday to hit the strip as well as the dinner. Are we planning to hold the usual raffle? I have a few items I can donate. 

Kanaan, Thunder, Phil R. & Eagle, sorry you won't make the Open House, but I'll still see you later at Botstock, which is great.

Joe, did you happen to ask what happened to the Sankai TV robot that was in the original auction ad?

BotStock 14 is less than a month away!!!

I'd like to make the dinner reservations at the Park Place Diner and Zia Maria's. So, please, please let me know what you'll be attending.

Here's the itinerary:

April 14 - Friday -

9:00 AM - Tinplate6's Open House

Noon - Lunch at Asian Hibachi Grill Buffet

6:00 PM-ish - Informal Dinner at the Park Place Diner (Upstairs) for the "early birds". In years past, we did this at the Black Horse Restaurant and Tavern, but alas, they have closed.

April 15 - Saturday -

9:00 AM - Morphy Auction, Lots 600 - ???

6:00 PM - The traditional Raffle/SWAG Dinner at the Park Place Diner (Downstairs)

April 16 - Sunday -

7:00 AM - Outdoor venues at Renningers and Shupp's Grove open.

5:00 PM - The traditional Last Supper at Zia Maria's

Updated attendees list:

Joe K. (Joe) : Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Tinplate6 (Brady) : Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Deep Space-11 (Marcy)

Robert  (Robert) : Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Sherri (Sherri) : Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Kennetzel (Ken) : Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Pam (Pam) : Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Kronos57 (James)

BigBang (Richard)

Kanaan (Phil G.) : Saturday

Eagle (Mark)

THUNDER (Perry) : Friday, Saturday

Glenn (Glenn)

Chromedome1960 (Jay)

Phil R (Phil)

Tinman (Bill)  -tentative-

Joe, do you plan on being at the museum on Thursday? Thinking about the last couple of years, we plan on arriving late Thursday and would love to stop by your shop that afternoon.

Joe, this is my official confirmation of attendance at all the aforementioned functions, including all dinner reservations!  :thumbs:

1 hour ago, kennetzel said:

Joe, do you plan on being at the museum on Thursday? Thinking about the last couple of years, we plan on arriving late Thursday and would love to stop by your shop that afternoon.

Yes, I'll be there. As in the past, I'll open earlier and remain open a little later (BotStock after dark!?!)

And, Ken, as you have done before, will you and Pam be attending all three meals?

Archived