BotStock 14 - The Official Thread

DEEP SPACE-11

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a small group this year; I hope me not being there doesn't disqualify me from the Alphadrome Meat Society, helping my daughter move got in the way of attendance this year.

It was short but sweet for Teonia and I. Always glad to meet with this group.  Here is Joe and Brady,,,,two masterminds in collaboration to an uncertain outcome.

When Teonia and I got to the museum,,,things were quiet and on an even keel......for a few minutes...The Andybot was fantastic. The donations for the drawing were a lot of fun. The food was fantastic and Teonia bought from Joe ,,,in the Robot museum ,,,,a new cat toy......Of course. Nice to see Jay and get updates on the repro world. Ken thanks for the great poster. One of my favorites ever. Joe ,I left the domino at the restaurant  . Phil thanks for the Naboo,,Brady thanks for the plasma generator.   In all,,a great way to spend a Saturday...At one moment ,,Joe with a look on his face,,,,staring at me,,all I could say was ,,,Joe aren't you glad I came ? By the way Joe,,the cat toy is a great hit..I have been playing with it for an hour. :thumbs:

I had a fantastic time today. Arrived at Joe's shop around 10:30AM. We chatted for about an hour before I hit every antique shop on the strip over the course of about six hours. Found another 1980 Empire Strikes Back mug by Deka to add to my collection as well as a 1991 small plate commemorating Star Trek's 25th anniversary. Also picked up a vintage Wizard of Oz glass for a friend in Maryland. 

From Perry, I picked up four wind-up Radicon robots, one for myself and the other three as gifts for friends. The dinner at the Park Place was as much fun as ever, even with the skeleton crew. I managed to snag some great items in the raffle, including a rocket bank, a porcelain robot ornament, and two Spy Kids toys. 

I enjoyed chatting with Ken, Pam (enjoy the books!), Mark, Teonia, Brady, and everyone. Good times! 

TESB Mug1.jpg

TESB Mug2.jpg

Trek 25 Plate.jpg

Radicon Windup.jpg

Robot ornament.jpg

Robot placemat.jpg

Rocket Bank.jpg

Spy Kids.jpg

The goodies I got at this years Botstock. Unfortunately the Mechanized Robot doesn't walk, but the rest of the stuff works great.

BotstockXIV Take.JPG

I would love to say who won the Andybot, but once I lost, I became oblivious to what happened next...LOL. Seriously, I don't remember who got it. Maybe someone with a better attention span than mine can tell us.

Archived