Space Patrol 1st print robot arrives.

Ranger

Postie just arrived and I am now the proud owner of the first off prototype Space Patrol robot!  It's just great to have this robot as I loved watching Space Patrol when I was a kid (still do!!).  Many thanks Brian...:woohoo:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

For some reason I can't remember the robot from Space Patrol (had to look it up on the internet), no matter, Brian has done a great job, another one to add to your diverse and extensive collection of 3D robots, Ranger. :thumbs:

That's kind, Andy, but the artwork really does needs more attention. :biggrin: 

I enjoy simplifying the designs. For example Paul's first test print is rather large because I needed room to fit a pair of AAA cells in the body. The latest version has a button cell inside the head, so I can make a smaller, shelf-friendly version of the robot. That's a battery, battery holder, switch, LED, bulb holder and wiring, all within a 2 inch cube. And the battery can be changed in about 10 seconds without a screwdriver. This arrangement will easily fit into other robot designs: I'm fitting it into the Granatoids at the moment so that I've room for a sound chip in the body.

Another benefit is that it reduces soldering to a minimum: I hate soldering.  I've also removed the screws from the plate at bottom of the body and replaced it with a snap fit that minimises the seam.

IMG_20161129_152706.jpgIMG_20161129_152810.jpg

well done Brian !
I see the quality is also getting better.

on which machine did you make this one ?
I believe you have 2 machines running now ..

Marco

Archived