Robby Construction Road Roller 3D upgrade

marco

Some months ago, I found an orange construction Road Roller but I was not sure if it was ever made with Robby on it.
after some serious searchwork from the dromers here, we found out that the orange roller was never made with robby but with a farmer on it.

Still this kept me busy and because the orange roller is simply never seen around, i decided to make a 3D scan of the original robby. I did this already some time ago
I only had the time to print him last week.  He came out very well and I decided to take him a step futher and do some handpainting to make him match to the roller.

what i try to say is this... how cool is this new technology... you miss a robot on a toy, you 3D scan it, print it, handpaint it et... voila... toy complete with a custom made addition that really make some sense to the toy...

here is the result, an orange road construction roller with robby in the driving seat :)

Happy Weekend... Oh and Brian, very nice 3D robots you made there buddy !

CHeers
Marco

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

Looks very good Marco. At one time I had posted the all resin road roller I made for RobotHunter "Pat K." years ago. I was given 3 days to make silicon rubber molds of all parts of a original Road Roller and robot then cast all the parts and paint them. If I new where I put the molds I could have cast you a robby for the roller in just minuets, but lets face it , it would take days to locate the molds. I have one of the resin painted robbys in a red road roller with head lights that came with a farmer out in the hut as it looks like

the box artwork. Top shelf in this link.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/rhbp3.html

Another great 3d printed robot job Marco !

Thanks John.

The big PRO with this 3D file is that you can make it bigger or smaller and make it the correct size for other projects :)

Marco

15 hours ago, Tinplate6 said:

Great detail on that tiny Robby, Marco, what did you use, a microscope?!  :ohmy:  :thumbs:

Almost heheheheheh

You will be amazed how many details you can add with some patience Brady..
Only thing I use are special pencils with only a few hairs and a watchmaker sort of futuristic glasses...

Thanks buddy !

CHeers
Marco

Archived