Granatoid Robot Project - Fireball XL5

Brian..

For the Fireball XL5 and Supercar nerds out there (I'm #1) there are two basic Granatoid robot shapes: the short body G Robot and the long body X16 or Guard shape.

Anderson rearranged the knobs on them to make at least five variations. Here are the three main ones that I've now finished: the G Robot, the Prosecutor and the X15/Guard. I've had great fun making them. They're unpainted at the moment, but the printer leaves a good quality surface finish.

IMG_20161125_110706.jpg

Ken, Robert's shape is extremely easy to recreate on a computer but it's impossible (currently) to obtain clear plastic filament. The best products still look cloudy. Such a pity. I keep looking, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work !!!   AS far as Robert. Cutting the wafers and polishing for the arms and legs,, is almost impossible. That is what put the brakes on this project. Until now. Game on !

• 1 month later...

WOW! These Robots are wonderful Brian, just like ones in the episode! My particular favourite is the one in the middle, The Prosecutor :thumbs:

IMG_20161125_110706.jpg.11b4c33b9f229fe119ae64e81b444d2d.jpg

• Brian.. changed the title to Granatoid Robot Project - Fireball XL5

Archived