Granatoid Robot Project

Brian..

Postie has just been and I now own the prototype Granatoid and Humanoid robots!

They are great, both bigger than you imagine them to be. I have had the humanoid walking and he walks fine. I need to get another battery for the lights, I will post a photo of it lit up later. I know, I must do something about the background in my pics! 🤖

Thanks Brian!! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you like them, Paul. Once I get the Scoops posted (nearly finished - honest!)  I'll be working on these to refine them. They'll be slightly smaller and the print quality ought to be better.

Paul, get a decent background. A pair of your old underpants would be an improvement on that kitchen chair you're using.

Gosh, I just see lots of work to do. The Granatoid is literally the first print, straight from design to machine. The Flashforge Dreamer is so reliable now that I can just leave it on for 24 hours unattended and I don't need to produce scores of test runs. (I'm awash with Scoops limbs and torsos; it's like a serial murderer's den).  On a production piece there would be sanding and tweaking, but this was just intended to get a feel for issues of scale and fit 

On both robots the rivets have been well defined but they have created a strange pattern of horizontal lines during the printing stage. I think I can eliminate those. The joints on the Granatoid are ill-fitting at the moment but I've tweaked them and they should be snug. That chrome paint is a dog. The more I look, the more I see that needs attention. The first task is to reduce the height to a more manageable 8".

I've finally assembled and calibrated the new Prusa printer. My *&%$@@!  language degenerated during the lengthy process but I got there in the end. Now its busy turning out its first piece, a reel holder for bigger reels of plastic. I love the notion of 3D printing that you print the parts you need for your printer. Perpetual motion.

I'll run the new Granatoid through on a fancy high setting and we'll see if there's an improvement. Meanwhile I've ordered a sound chip to give it a voice.

"GET THOSE SCOOPS FINISHED, Mr Hayes."  Yes, I will, I promise, honest.

Thanks guys. They are really great robots and the production version will be amazing....don't forget I want 1 of those too Brian! Yes, I will do something about the background in my photos....eventually. It's ok for you retired guys with all this time on your hands.:biggrin:

Right, just got a battery. Let's test these floodlights out on the humanoid robot.

Archived