Walking NANDO robot project

robothut

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK here is a version with the batteries on board, covered by a very cool battery tank like cover. The print turned out better than the pictures show, just love it.

short you tube of the robot walking with out a wire.

I have one more idea I want to try out but have to wait for the parts to arrive.

DSC02610.jpg

DSC02609.jpg

DSC02608.jpg

DSC02607.jpg

DSC02605.jpg

The backpack version looks superb, not sure, John, if you are accepting emails for one to be supplied, anyway please put my name down for the backpack type, or perhaps as you say there might be a third version to consider.  

Love that whirring noise, sound of a quality mechanism.

No orders yet as I am still working on the third idea I had. It will be a fully contained radio control type robot. Fitting the micro circuits in to the head will be a challenge. Parts should arrive any day now.

Here are some shots showing the changes made to the body, back pack and head. Also the box. I added the face and ear features to the 3d printing files to make life easier. I had to add a channel to the body back so the motor wires could travel under the battery holder. I added a notch in the removeable back pack, and hollowed out the head. Made a new back of the head for the antenna mount and slots for the power and motor wires to pass threw. The radio control guts are from a micro RC car. The remote was quite large so I cut it down and made a new cover for the top. The two buttons on the remote both make the robot walk but the top one turns on the eye lights and the bottom one will turn on the red dome light as the robot walks.

DSC02625.jpg

DSC02620.jpg

DSC02621.jpg

DSC02616.jpg

DSC02627.jpg

DSC02628.jpg

I should add that I did not put a ON / OFF switch on the robot. The space was very limited and I feel that batteries should always be removed when your not playing with a toy. ALL batteries can leak !

Hi John
I love this remote control Nando version with the led eyes, he has this free move, he looks great,  the RC black & white remote control  is cute,  great piece of engeniring!

cheers

Joao

Archived