Scoops Robot - Moon Man Without a Brain

Brian..

3 hours ago, robothut said:

Moon Man with out a mind, if I only had a brain. Looks great !

Ha, if I only had a quarter of your brain power John I would be doing OK!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/09/2016 at 3:39 PM, Brian.. said:

MOON MAN WITHOUT A BRAIN: 1934.

No political jokes, please - that is this guy's official name.

Metallic Graphite and Metallic Red.

scoo.jpg

Space on the shelves has been made!! :thumbs:  Always optimistic!!

If you're interested in one of these guys they're $80 each plus postage.  That's a robot fully assembled, painted (your choice of colour, but metallic graphite looks like the authentic one and is really cool) and equipped with lights in the helmet, head and chest - then mounted in the comic book pose on a stand. if you want an unposed version that you glue into a final position, just ask otherwise he'll come in one of the two poses above.

For the adventurous, you can have a bare bones kit of parts for $50 plus postage. They are an easy push-fit, they can be put together in 2 minutes.

Then you can sand him and paint him to your heart's content. Very little sanding is usually required, just enough to remove any trace of printing support material.  There is absolutely no infill that has to be removed. You can add some pins in the joints, or just superglue into the final dynamic pose. There is room in the body for AAA batteries. I'll include a AAA battery holder, the distinctive big chest LEDs and the ones for the head, and there'll be a micro toggle switch that fits in place in seconds - no drilling.  If you ruin a particular part I'll print you a replacement for just the cost of posting it to you. The LEDs require no resistors, just two AAA batteries.

BUT: they take me absolutely bloody ages to print so you may have a bit of a wait. :lecture: First come, first served.  If you've already asked for one, just confirm that the price is OK for you. I'm not out to make a profit, just to cover spiralling costs.  I have sent a hit squad to kidnap John - the cellar here is set up to accommodate him. If he produces, he eats and you get your robot sooner.

Email me at brianj.hayes@gmail.com or message me. Members and non-members all welcome.

Don't send any money, just wait, and I'll ask for PayPal payment when he's ready. 

Hey, available in kit form too and only $50 or $80 for a built up version, what bargains. You will be run off your feet with 24/7 printing!  A robot that's never been made before too (as far a I know!)....what could be rarer than that eh! Great work, your very quickly getting on top of this 3D printing!  2 different robots in just a few weeks, amazing!

Postie came today, with the first ever 2 Scoops robots made by Brian. :woohoo:

These are just prototypes remember and the production ones and future projects will be much better quality but hey, these are just fantastic. What classic pieces, i am so glad to have them. The lights are very bright, and they look so vintage, such atmospheric robots. Plus a box of bits that i could almost build another robot with.  Many thanks Brian!

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Nice!   congrats Paul, and great job Brian!  Very cool - dynamite box art.

It might sound odd, but I really like the idea of a static lighted robot - I often think it would be great if all robots & space toys would have switches that would set between off and run - just lit.

Thank guys. You won't be disappointed with these. They are already up there as some of my favourite robots. Brian has taken this scoops from a picture and produced this marvel in just a couple of weeks or so. We are sure to see some truly great 'never made before' high finish classic robots coming from his printers over the coming months.

Archived