3d printed Mexican robot project

robothut

I sent Marcy a painted Nando, but that just means you take a spray can of your favorite color and spray it. I guess you could dip it also if you bucket of paint ! There were only a few nando's that were assemble and painted, most are a bag of parts that will take you all of about 1 minuet to glue together and another minuet if you want to paint it. Now if your going for the face painting like Marco, thats another story, I think that small painting detail is beyond my older than dirt eyes and hands at this point.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job John. I can't wait for mine to come. I think it's faster to post to Singapore than the US, so i should get mine tomorrow. :thumbs:

No Mexican yet here :-)

The painting is not that difficult john, with the right tiny pencils it can be done...
I also need (reading ) glasses to get it done... at 48 years i found out this month that i dont see those tiny details that sharp anymore..
so i am using some 2 dollar reading glasses and that does miracles :)

Marco

#5 has arrived.

John, bravo!!  as usual.

Marcy - excellent work on the box!

Rigg-bot fans, here are a couple pics - I had to make them quick, but I don't think I did justice to this robots lighted face.  

John, your choice for the translucent, "flecked" product was outstanding - it looks incredible.

Nando is dynamite as well - thank-you.   When I un-packaged him, I was set on leaving him as is, but now I have some fun ideas tumbling around.

John, Marcy - thanks!

Peace, all - M.G.

DSC06860.JPG

DSC06855.JPG

DSC06850.JPG

I have not forgotten you, I just do not have the battery holder's yet to continue the build, A shop full of bots and no place too go until the last part's arrive. I do have a confirmation email that the battery holder's were sent so I think that next week they should show up. If not I will re order for a new seller. I have been spending my time working on the walking Mechanical NANDO robot. The ornament ones were just a first step in trying to figure out the right way to motorize this tiny fellow. Will post a update on this project in a new thread in a few days.

Archived