3d printed Mexican robot project

robothut

No not Brians Mexican robot, this would be the 1960's toy from Juguetes  Electromechanicos. Here is a you tube of the prototype and the first production bot.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still need to sort out the box and the box artwork. Also you may notice that the production robot does not have the springy antenna yet, its on order. I have not worked out the costs yet so hold off a bit as I get things finnalised. Different colors could be made if enough wanted a certain color to make it work my time.

DSC02407.jpg

DSC02406.jpg

DSC02405.jpg

DSC02404.jpg

DSC02403.jpg

DSC02402.jpg

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

As for the build it starts with the feet. There is a foot base then a foot cover and two wheels, two rubber O rings and on ratchet. Some nails to act as axles.

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02388.jpg

DSC02389.jpg

The head. The front translucent material was a problem to find but I think I got it nailed down. The original robot has a old school lamp inside that draws about 300 ma , thats 3 times more than the motor. So I used a bright blue LED instead since it ON steady it looks the same as a lamp but only draws about 20 ma of power. But blue LEDs do not conduct until 2.5 volts and on a battery 3 volt system that means the LED would go out rather quickly as the battery wear down. So I added a power inverter to boost the battery voltage up to what is required even if the battery go down to 1 volt.

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02383.jpg

DSC02385.jpg

DSC02394.jpg

Fantastic job again John !
of course I want one and i will do the painting myself :)
Looks like a nice candidate for a DIY Kit by the way  !!

I printed Nando today by the way, 8 hours in high resolution.
Will glue it together tomorrow and put it here on topic.

I never could have thought, when i started with Little Giant not even a year ago, that there would be so many 3D printed bots a year later.
very cool. 

I will drop you an email with the order.

Marco

John it came out amazing . Glad you were able to do this from my original Mexican Robot you fixed almost 3 years ago . I want my original version for sure in 3D !

Archived