Nando static model

robothut

I just put up the files for a Nando robot on thing a verse so you can all down load the STL file and build your own full scale Nando.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1753886

print in any color then just hose it down with silver spray paint. the wire antenna you will have to bend on your own.

The group shot has my real Nando to right in the picture. Then one gray plastic and one silver painted nando.

I might do a mechanical version, but for now here is a free static Nando.

DSC02373.jpg

DSC02379.jpg

DSC02380.jpg

DSC02363.jpg

The robot is designed to print with no raft or supports. There are spacers that you can glue on to the bottom of the feet to simulate the height of the wheels and round spacers for the arms to hold them off the body. These could easly be made part of the print files but then you have supports that would have to be added. A very simple robot kit to put together. Just printed off a white one but have not made the antenna for it yet. I might scan my Nando box so boxes can be made as well.

DSC02482.jpg

Hey John....

If I remember correctly you would never make a robot that can not do anything ! :) hahahaha

Nando looks great, I took the files from Thingiverse and gave it a try on the Ultimaker, lets see how Nando looks in High res :)
Cheers ! ;)

Marco

So I got all set to scan my Nando box only to find that my scanner no longer works since my computer has updated to windows 10. So here is a quick and dirty version made with the point and shoot camera. its laid out on a 11 by 17 paper but you can cut it up and print on two pieces of 8 by 11 paper. Use a thick matt paper. Also you might want to enhance the color by adjusting the gamma down a bit as the camera kind of washed it out a bit.

nandobox.jpg

I was going to upgrade...I did, then discovered my Epson V550 no longer worked nor our Epson 380 printer so I turned the PC back to W8.   

Beautiful work on the Nando!   Love it.  @@

Well, John, you keep knocking them outta the park!

With a motor and face decals, I'd be in line for one. I think if you remove the molded features, and just add on a full face decal, that would be easiest.

Hey John,

I grabbed the files from Thingiverse a couple of days ago to give it a shot on the Ultimaker 2+ on High Resolution.
Easy to print and it took about 8 hours to complete the parts. I will make an other one in silver grey also, I think it will look even better and qua color more to the original.
My compliments, the robot is very well drawn John. Turns out really great when printed.

I took some time today to do some changes on the face. Its pretty easy to make this.
I filed away the eyes to make the area flat.
Than I used some basic colors, black, yellow and red to manually paint the details on the face. it takes about an hour or so to make this.
I used tamiya paint and some very fine pencils to draw the lines.

Attach a hook on top of his head and its a perfect christmas ornament ! :)
Having this said.. i remembered I made a small susie robette last year... she has the hook already installed ! :-)
we could make a new addition each year for a special Christmas series ! :-)
Maybe to add some gizmo`s like blinking colored lights for in the chirstmas tree .... what a tree THAT would become ! :)
Just some ideas .....

Cheers

Marco

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

yes xmass ornaments, good idea ! the standard setting on the dreamer takes about 3.5 hours to print the Nando. You should paint the eyes on with the plastic relief there since thats how the metal stamped robot is done.

• 1 month later...

Just assembled the static Nando John sent with the Mexican Robot, cute little guy, had a problem bending the wire I had in stock as it was fairly high tensile and didn't like being manipulated too much, also yet to be painted. Still very pleased, thank you yet again John. New Antenna fitted, with smaller circle at the top.Nando with new antenna.jpg

Nando12.jpg

Archived