Dan Dare Enthusiasts - Request

Brian..

I'm trying to compile a complete inventory of early Dan Dare merchandise. I've already identified some real oddities. If you can help please email me at alphadrome@gmail.com I will be sharing all the information I find. It should make interesting reading. If someone's already done the collation then I'd appreciate the information! Members, post in this forum. Non members, visitors, lurkers  (that's the vast majority of Dan Dare guys) please why not email me? It could be to our mutual benefit.

I've already mentioned some of the items I've identified to life long collectors, and they've never heard of them. They think I'm making it up. I collect this stuff so I'm always interested in buying, trading, burglary etc.

I'm particularly looking for details of adverts and "Eagle Window" announcements from old Eagle comics. I'm missing details from the following issues:

Eagle Volume 4 - most copies

Eagle Volume 5 - most copies

Eagle Volume 6 1-10 and a few others

Eagle Volume 7 - most copies

Eagle Volume 8 - 29 to 51

Eagle Volume 9 onward, any stray Dan Dare merchandise adverts

Here's an example of one novelty from 1959, the Dan Dare Scout pedal car. Clearly interest in Dan was waning and the merchandise is drying up, which may account for the rarity of this pedal car.

Vol_10_16.jpg

Archived