Robot Commando J.R. project and contest !

robothut

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK the second batch is now in hold mode as I wait for battery boxes to arrive. The second built is 5 bots and 4 of them are spoken for. So that leaves the fifth one up for grabs. I do have most of the parts for a 6th one if need be. But as I wait on parts I have moved on too the next project. More on that in a different thread. Oh and for those keeping track the first build was 6 bots if you count the working concept bot.

DSC02110.jpg

Here is RC Jr. #1 

what is cool about this is, it's the only one that matches the box art

Which leads me to wonder if the japanese ever designed a box around lets call it pre production

that matches the original but not subsequent changes 

Great Robot ! Thanks John & also Ken for the cool stylistic box !!! :thumbs:

rcjr.jpg

The last 6 Commando's have been built and two already shipped out. So before they are all gone I thought a video of the last 4 running around might be fun. Of the last 4 bots two of them are still up for grabs.

John, #6 showed up here yesterday. When I finally fired him up I laughed hysterically! Great movement you programmed into him. I just love how he "senses" something, backs up as if a little intimidated, then blast whatever the threat was to bits! A beautiful design and fitting tribute to the original. Thank you!

So glad he made the trip OK and that you like him. Just 1 left to find a home for then the build of 12 will all be settled in.

Got it. The bots are all spoken for. There not all shipped yet, so if some one drops out I will let you know.

well, mine has just landed in the record time of 6 days, USA to Singapore…beat that!

what a fantastic bot! really well made, with a wonderfully programmed sequence that makes me laugh out loud with delight…just like being a kid again.

thank you john, and not to forget, the superb schematic design from ken, a very fresh, and clean box art.

Number 11 arrived today safe and sound in the Dutch Caves ! :)

My compliments John for this great robot. I never had a robot commando before in my collection, no idea why.. probably because I was never able to locate a nice boxed one so... Here is the first robot commando in the dutch caves :)

Really cool actions and well build !
My compliments goes also to Ken for the artwork on the box. I mentioned it before.. you really made a change in your artwork and its really getting better every time.
Well done for this one Ken !

Thanks 

Marco

DSC_0811.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived