Robot Commando J.R. project and contest !

robothut

OK here is my latest 3d printed robot project. I thought it was time to bring Robot Commando back home. Japan did so many nice little versions of America's Robot Commando that I thought we should do the same. So here is robot commando's little brother Robot Commando J.R." junior" You tube of robot in action.

DSC02041.jpg

DSC02046.jpg

DSC02040.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it might be fun for any one on Alphadrome to post there ideas for a Box artwork. Any one, young or old. As a prize for the box art that I like best I will send you the test printed parts for the project. They will be glued together, no guts no actions just defective parts glued together. Here is a picture of the prize. When I design these bots I do test prints in what ever color is loaded in the printer at the time, to test fit or infill or supports or just to have a part that I can measure and cut into to try things. These are those parts glued together as a static robot. So put on your thinking caps, grab your colored penciles, pen's , color crans, what ever digital medium you like to work in and come up with a special box art design for this guy. I think the title should be Robot Commando J.R.  You can make up a list of functions if you like based on what you see the robot do in the You Tube video. The robot does use 4 AA batteries.

DSC02061.jpg

DSC02060.jpg

DSC02059.jpg

So a few weeks ago I posted a idea for a servo controlled gun mechanism with sound and decided to use that ideas in this project. I use the same Plolu controller as my other servo robot projects. There is a battery hatch on the bottom as seen in these pictures. And here is a picture for scale.

DSC02058.jpg

DSC02055.jpg

DSC02057.jpg

I need the new sky blue PLA filiment too arrive so I can do a second build to see how long it will take to print all the parts, but right now it looks like it is in the 50 hours zone. Good thing I have the second Dreamer printer right ! You can read about the second printer and the printer mods I have done in the 3d printed section of Alphadrome, and there is  a link to video on mods as well. In the video both printers are printing parts for this robot design.

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

DSC02048.jpg

DSC02043.jpg

Awesome. I have a working Robot Commando and like it. This one is the perfect companion piece. Great work John.

just love him. John, please put me down for one…orange body, head, and arm caps with grey arms, head lid/cap, and wheels if possible.

Fabulous, as usual. One question- John, when do you sleep? I think you produce more product in a month than the major aerospace firm I retired from does in a year. And your stuff works!

Absolutely amazing and all coming from one incredible man.  Brilliant as usual John, the genius of it all boggles my mind, at times I can't even comprehend all that I'm seeing in your work even when it's right in front of me on screen...or on our shelves

.:thumbs:

Archived