junk (?) finds from yesterday - Twinkie Train included.

Martian Gil

Happy Friday - 

I noticed a new spot to dig through yesterday & came out with a few things.
The best piece was probably an in the box G.E. Technofix Traffic Control set.   It was complete & in great shape - the box is worn, but the tin & the cars are out of sight.   My old car collecting self could not let it sit in that store...  I'll probably be selling it, but for now, it's in safe hands.
Technofix made some fantastic toys.

Space stuff....
I picked up some fantastic old keychains - I think Lido?   These are cool - I hadn't seen any of these before.   My favorite might be the raygun.

Then, there was the infamous "Twinkie" train - aka The Atomic Train, Vaco of West Germany.   It came with the engine, one car, and the track.   It works well - but I do need to replace the flint.   Again, I might be moving this along as well - I'm not sure that I'm willing to make room in my cabinet, but I couldn't let it languish unappreciated in thta store.

peace to you and your.   I'm going to get another cup of coffee.   and a twinkie.

DSC03452.JPG

Hey Andyman - I am shooting pics of the Traffic Control set now.  

If you like, I can either post some pics - or mssg them to you.  Just let me know. 
I just didn't want to post non-space on a thread... seemed like bad karma.   I want to keep the cosmos happy with me so I can find another $3 piece of awesomeness. lol

22 minutes ago, Andyman said:

Cool stuff, MG but no pics of the traffic set?

viola!
I really like the G.E. / Technofix toys - so very well made. Fantastic engineering. 
The springs on these cars are strong and keep a good, long roll - my daughter had this thing running more smoothly than an electric race set.   Eventually, she learned which tabs to hit at the right moment to keep traffic sailing smoothly.
Pretty cool!

DSC03522.JPG

DSC03515.JPG

DSC03518 (1).JPG

Archived