Lubrication, WD-40 - Is this a good idea?

ROBODUDE

I recently bought a horikawa attacking martian robot on ebay, kind of rusty and I was wondering if it would hurt to spray the internals with some kind of lubricant (lithium grease or silicone?) Also does anyone know if there are any plastic gears inside that might be damaged by spraying them with a lubricant----He works okay but is a little sluggish---I am fairly new to the robot hobby and any information would be greatly appreciated !!!  I just don't want to cause any problems by trying to get it to move more smoothly.. Thanks in advance !!!!  Robodude

Awesome !!! Thanks for all the information---looks like I wont be spritzing the inside of my robot with anything--Have a great weekend and thanks again !!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

WD-40 it´s not too bad but gun lubricant it is much better to use It is best for robot gears, because I've used the 2 products 

lol!  fun animation!   And, - I might be wrong here, but I think it conveys a certain sentiment... 

Archived