Space Ranger Clicker Gun

Brian..

A Space Ranger clicker gun dated to December 1953. Does the common version have Space Ranger wording? It's a freebie from Coast-To-Coast stores.

I guess it's by Pyro but there's nothing conclusive.

Kossuth_County_Advance_Tue__Dec_1__1953_.jpg

• 4 years later...
On 6/18/2016 at 4:10 PM, Brian.. said:

Yes, I thought so, Brady. An interesting variation.

Brian, I just came across this version from the ad you posted. It has raised lettering on both sides, not the usual box type lettering. It has no other markings on it at all. 

20210220_131801.jpg

20210220_131835.jpg

Thanks, tikidoc. I'll add this premium version to the database. 

I wish we had confirmation that Pyro made this sightless clicker version. It seems so obvious,  but you can't go with guesswork. 

You' re welcome Brian. I agree ,you can't go with guesswork. One day I am sure we will find out who made this. At least we have proof the premium exists. 

On 2/20/2021 at 3:38 PM, Brian.. said:

Thanks, tikidoc. I'll add this premium version to the database. 

I wish we had confirmation that Pyro made this sightless clicker version. It seems so obvious,  but you can't go with guesswork. 

@Brian.. Would you like me to try and take some better photos?

• 1 month later...

@Brian..

Ok, so I spent part of my month sending numerous unanswered emails and telephone messages looking for someone at Round2 LLC in South Bend Indiana who supposedly now own everything from Pyro Plastics , no one was able to confirm anything about the Space Ranger Clicker. I was hoping that they would have a person who was an archivist for the history of the company. I know it was a long shot and my hopes were to get some solid information on who made the Space Ranger clicker. I even contacted a friend at the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit. It seems the more questions I asked the more questions came up on who made this. Since it was not widely copied like the known Pyro clicker, a different design ,just a plain version, a Hong Kong version  and the Space Ranger version. It's puzzling. The only thing that can be confirmed is that the Space Ranger clicker does exist in real life and it appeared as a drawing for a 1953 giveaway from Coast to Coast Stores so we can date it. I am sorry I couldn't be of more help other than a photo for the database.

Thanks for trying. The obvious conclusion is that Pyro produced a run of clicker guns, slight variation of their main one,  to be distributed as premiums. I can't imagine any other American company copying an obvious Pyro design.  Hong Kong would, of course, copy anything. 

• 1 month later...

Yes, but you sometimes have to hit F5 to refresh your browser's display of the database entry. 

8 hours ago, Brian.. said:

Yes, but you sometimes have to hit F5 to refresh your browser's display of the database entry. 

Thank you Brian, I should have thought. lol