Surprise attack Thunder Loo

robothut

So Marco wanted too know if I would be able to work with his large HD scan files, like what he would make for the Diamond Planet project. So he sent me a supper large scan file of Big Loo's head. The idea was to just see what I could do to it, then marco suggested that Big Loo's head might make a great new body for a Thunder robot. I have zerro interest in the this idea other than it gave me a direction to work towards. So I took the big file and worked my magic. And here is Thunder Loo. Now because the mechanical guts ona thinder robot are all to front since the back insides are all battery box and Big Loos face is inset so deep that ment that the onlky way the thunder mechanics would fit was if they were turned around. That ment that the feet would have to be changed in 1 of 3 ways so they would make the robot walk forward with the guts backwards

and that the arms that used to raise to fire and had gravity and a spring to pull them back down would now have to start in the up position and go down to fire would find it hard to go back up since gravity was now not there friend. So it became Surprise attack Thunder Loo. The robot is clearly surrendering when you start him up "don't shoot !" but with out warning his arms come down with guns blaising, then they stay that way since the attack has started. 

a few picture of the build. I printed the head in glow in the dark green since I had a roll of it that cost me bucks and no one has wanted a glow in the dark green bot. Then in the end I painted the robot to Big Loo colors except for the face that still has the glow in the dark green back color.

DSC02020.jpg

DSC02021.jpg

DSC02022.jpg

DSC02000.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

DSC02006.jpg

DSC02013.jpg

Well How cool is this :) 

I sent John the 3D scan of Big Loo to do tests with so that we are sure how to handle the diamond planet project. I him that i have the idea to make a Thunder Loo: The combi of the big loo head with thunder robot and.......... a week later... TADA>>>
There is Thunder LOO :-)

Great to see my idea worked out and in action :), Thanks John.  You can sent him to me of course ! :)

I got the files back John. I see its possible but also it give pretty rough details back which.. will be visable for sure in higher resolution.
But yes... its cool to see that the solid scans can be altered, makes the next project really worth a try......
but first things first.... i really have to finish roboter 703-D first.... almost almost almost there... 

Have all a great weekend ! :)

Marco

John, I like that dark green glow in the dark too. If you have any left I would like it incorporated into maybe another Mr.Servo.........that's one cool robot, love my grey one.:thumbs:  I will email you.

Archived