Bot Prop robot stand

Eagle

So,,Phil dropped off the Spaceman for repair...A basket case. Anyhow after the repairs,the bot has foot issues. There is something broken in the feet that allow them to over rotate

while walking. This caused it to be unstable. Everything is glued together and unable to be taken apart. A shame,,,,but it gave me an idea.. A botprop for all of these robots. It allows them to be operated without risk 

of falling over and being damaged. Also a great way to store the robots to keep the weight off of the wheels and legs. This is a prototype I threw together in about 20 minutes. The stand is not intrusive to the bot.

It uses existing ports. I'm going to make them for the Horikawa bots first.      

P1080388.JPG

Such innovation, a negative-action treadmill (sort of) for robot toys.  They don't have to march off the table anymore and the wheels get exercised.  :thumbs:

I'm not getting how it is attached to the robot. It looks like you bolted the stand right to the robot but I'm sure that is not correct.

Oh I see now. You said you used existing ports on the robot. Of course, not all robots would be conducive to the procedure.

Come on Andy,,cut me a little slack...You think I overlooked that slight observation ?  ::biggrin:

John,,thank you for the great tip !  I was going to go with a 10 degree tilt back with a felt crotch support. As I said 

BEFORE ,,the Supports would be NON intrusive,,,  Yes I have taken into account the rotating robots.  The intent is to take the prototype to an ascetic functional design ..I built this as an alternative course for Phil's  robot. .  

Great stand! Fantastic to see the robot walking in air:)

The falling over is caused by the metal little axles in front of the feet that are made of soft aluminum, if you look under the feet you see they are most probably not straight anymore but bend, this minor fraction of the little bended axle being now too low causes the falling over, just take a big flat screwdriver and push the axle on both side of the plastic inner leg back straight to above. It will stand and walk straight again.

Thank you Martjin !!   I'll try that ,,,but the problem with this one seems to be that the feet over rotate. 

Hey, Eagle, if you can perfect this in a design that would fit universally to all toy robots, you could easily market these stands, I know I'd buy some.

Hey! Have these reproduced in plastic, and then they could be run off on 3D printers in the hundreds for low cost.

Archived