How to request a Rigg robot

robothut

I think the best way for me to keep this all straight is too have any one interested in any of the 3d printed robots email me at my "robothut@yahoo.com" address. Title the email with the name of the robot you are interested in , like Alpha-Rama or Alpha- Strider or Mr. Servo. Then  in the email include your real name and address, your Alphadrome user name and what colors or functions you wanted for the robot. This way I can print out the email and have it as a hard copy of the project. This will help me when ordering parts or picking up shipping supplies. Leave nothing for me to guess at, that will only delay my responce to the project request. Then it is always cool to have a picture of your bot posted to alphadrome once it arrives.

John, I gotta ask you a serious question here. I know you're having fun with the 3D printer and stuff...but you are cranking out new robots faster than I can buy them. And I do love them all. My question is, are you planning at all to make some of these exclusive runs? That is, will they be available indefinitely or for just a short time? I'm afraid I'm getting a case of FOMO here.

They should be avalable until the parts "servos and controllers" that I use are not avalible or until I break my printer to the point that I do not want to fix it or what will happen first, I will forget how I made them and just stop. I would be happy just making one of each bot for myself and just shairring what I have done here on the drome if that's better. I do like to keep it fresh and there are so many ideas I want to play with that I can not help myself. You should be able to ask for one of these bots next year and if I can remember what files I used and what parts too order and how I did it then I should be able to make one. So no hurry to ask for anything unless you factor in that I could die any day.

Of all the things in the robot cabinets here at my (and *Altaira's) Robot / Monster Room the Rigg-Bots always stand out.  Anyone visiting and who happens down there always wants to know about your robot customs that we're so proud to have on our shelves.  They are always in awe at the looks and operations of your work John, even folks that have little to no interest in the other stuff in front of them.  Your black JAWS #3 Alphabot stands proudly on our living room mantle, wife of Morbius Laurie insisted he stay there so we see him all the time.

P1140573.JPG

John, you need to relocate your corporate headquarters at least the artificial entity to avoid taxes, you now need some secretaries, henchmen, yes-men, be ready for kick-backs, pay-offs, and all the other technical B.S. that come with running one of the largest robot factories the world has to offer. And that's where I fit in...:thumbs:

10 hours ago, Ultrarobotman said:

John, you need to relocate your corporate headquarters at least the artificial entity to avoid taxes, you now need some secretaries, henchmen, yes-men, be ready for kick-backs, pay-offs, and all the other technical B.S. that come with running one of the largest robot factories the world has to offer. And that's where I fit in...:thumbs:

Sorry, he can just 3D print his secretaries, henchmen and yes-men. :biggrin:

Its funny, all the money that has passed threw Pay Pal and Ebay making these bots I am starting to worry about maybe being taxed on this hobby. I have not broken even yet. Since I make one robot of each type for my self and the cost of the printer and all the filiment colors I played around with, I just have not made it make a proffit. So I hope I do not have to pay taxes on this fun we are having. No good deed goes un punished keeps popping in to my mind.

Well none of us will tell, any case no profit no gain as far as the taxman is concerned, John. just confirm I have sent you an email with my requests.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 3:55 AM, Morbius said:

Of all the things in the robot cabinets here at my (and *Altaira's) Robot / Monster Room the Rigg-Bots always stand out.  Anyone visiting and who happens down there always wants to know about your robot customs that we're so proud to have on our shelves.  They are always in awe at the looks and operations of your work John, even folks that have little to no interest in the other stuff in front of them.  Your black JAWS #3 Alphabot stands proudly on our living room mantle, wife of Morbius Laurie insisted he stay there so we see him all the time.

P1140573.JPG

Cool! :thumbs:

John,

I also want to add my reminder. Sent you an email on June 2nd. Not in a hurry, but never got a reply to my email and don't want to be left out! I would also like to add to my order - a Mr Servo, colors of your choice! I will follow up with an email for the Mr Servo. You have your own shelf in my robot cabinet, lol.

Archived