Mr. Servo 3d printed project

robothut

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no end to your talents John. Mr Servo is a real hit!. The 'mis- Punctuation box adds to the charm.

Got my grey Mr.Servo today.....what a great robot!!  Even better than it looks in the videos.. For those that love the spelling errors harking back to the old japanese boxes, if I am not mistaken 'batterys' should be 'batteries'? Cool eh!?!  :thumbs:. I will post pics soon of this stunning new robot of John's creation. Thanks again John!

On 08/06/2016 at 7:57 PM, Ranger said:

I will post pics soon of this stunning new robot of John's creation. Thanks again John!

Any photos to show us, Paul

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Coming shortly MRH!

Looks great, I've always liked Mr. Mercury, so Mr Servo is a must have robot. John is shipping me an Alpha Strider & Mr Servo next week, so something to look forward to.:cheers:

OK before I leave this design and move forward with a totaly new design I wanted to see what the robot would look like with Mr. Mercury type arms and have them move together. That required a modified servo and new Cad files. Also I thought what if I sliced off the face and made that a separate part so it could be printed in a different color. I made two of them on the Mr. Mercury type color's. Since this design is alot more work to make and the magnet system I like too use to hold on arms does not work well with the longer arms when you want them to stay in sync with each other. So I glued them on and that does not sit well with me as I like kid proof design's when possible. I did ask Ken to modify the box art for these two bots and he did. thank you Ken. Here is a you tube of them in action.

DSC02034.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

So if I do decide to sell these guys it will be at a higher price. Yep, a profit deal ! I want to buy a second junker printer off ebay. It would be the same type printer "flash forge Dreamer" that way if I can not fix it then I can at least use its parts to maintain my $350. buck fixer upper I have now. Or if I can fix it then I have a second printer to make my printing life a bit faster. So the Dream of wanting  $3 or $4 hundred bucks is calling to me. Either way I thought you might all enjoy seeing the modified version of the Mr. Servo with new arms , program and color's.

Archived