Mr. Servo 3d printed project

robothut

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DEEP SPACE-11 said:

You should leave the spelling error---adds a certain authenticity to the spirit of box art

Eye Uhgree ! 

i would like to word 'too' on my box.

i too thought it was deliberate to add to the authenticity, that's why i said nothing.

I want one TOOOOO  :)
Is it possible to make me a box with TOOOOO ! ?:-)

Oz is right.. misspelled boxes are worth more hahahaha

John, fantastic robot again. I really like the way the robot looks, sort of curious when his eyes light up.
I still would have loved some different colored printed gizmos on the frontplate... maybe this is something for an special limited version :)

very nice robot again... well done !

Marco

Orange Servo joins his brothers! Thanks John & Ken 

Great bot! Love the orange :cheers:

When I get a chance I'll do a video of all of them running at the same time 

OH & fix the box grammer !!! It's nice to have the 'original' variation box :biggrin:

servo.jpg

PS John & this goes to all the custom builders, Marco Andy etc etc

do you guys keep records as to how many you make & where they end up?
It would be nice to have this data saved for posterity IMHO :lecture:

I like it when the new owners post to alphadrome as that makes it easyer to keep track of who got what. so far there have been 22 Alpha-Rama bots, 9 Alpha-Stider bots and 5 Mr. Servo bots. That reminds me STAN your bot is done just need payment. And two more bots are being printed and build as we speak.

Hey John , I just noticed Mr Servo DIDN'T have a steaming cup of hot coffee for me OR a perculator

so I think a few accessories from the 3D printer are in order !

See I bet you guys never thought to accessorize the robots !! :biggrin:

( like say the marx electric robot) lol 

My Mr. Servo arrived today. What a great robot. Thanks John for such a fine piece. I love it and it looks great in the blue.

MrServoRobot.jpg

The 2015 Jaggernaut robot build was 21 and two proto bots, It had the 3d printed legs and feet that gave me the bug.

Great photos Oz and Ken. The writing 'MR.SERVO' really stands out on the blue one.  It would be cool if it was lit up somehow. Can't wait for my Gray/red one to arrive, still 5 or 6 days to go yet, damn it! 

Oh and the 28 wind up 3d printed hopping bots for Botstock also to add to the list.

I was going to make the lettering light up, I even put in holes in the 3d print for the LEDs but experiments in trying to get the letters and the back ground different colors falled to look good enough for me. There is a new 3d printer out that costs $3k that has two seperate extruders, not a dual extruder like my dreamer but two extruders that move independently of each other. The thing with dual extruder printers is that the extruder that is not being used is mounted about 1 inch from the one that is being used and extruders tend to weep or drip when hot and just sitting. What the new printer does by putting the extruders on there own drive is the extruder that is not being used parks off to "too" the side with a wiper and drip bucket there, it can weep all it wants and when its called to go to work it advances some filiment first them wiped the tip of the extruder then goes and prints. With this set you can do high def two color printing. The text could be a translucent color the back ground could be a solid color. You could back light it. Think of all the detail you could do on a robot with this printer the eyes and mouth details could be different colors with no need to try and paint the detail parts by hand. It does take a modified slicer program to tell the printer what gets printed what color so the set up time is longer but the results are very cool ! Now if I just had the bucks. Also a faster computer for CAD work would help both Marco and I. Dear Santa.

Hi John

Ha, you were ahead of me again...No surprise!  I was thinking of a clear or as clear as it gets panel for the name. A name plate as it were to clip in an already made opening in the chest and with a light behind it. Just a sort of dim light, like the old robots. I know, all easier said than done. It looks great though as is, I am not by any means complaining.  A printer with 2 separate extruders eh, I would think marco will soon obtain one of those so you should be ok.

Archived