3-Diamond Planet Robot

marco

What if........ yes what if... Target brought it back up again: Bringing Diamond Planet Robot alive in 3D.
Just like me I noticed that John is only seeing filament and 3D printers for some months now. The first 3D created Robots entered the scene.

Its very cool to see that John and I follow a total different approach on this 3D subject. We both learned a lot and there is so much more to learn.
Last week, when this Diamond Robot was brought up somewhere in a topic, I had some talk with John about this robot and I believe it could be an awesome project if we can

combine our knowledge, our techniques and time. 
As we are both still printing our ass out making alpha-rama's, gosstavos, striders, Mr servo's and Roboters 703...I believe its great to combine our skills and
try to create a robot that everybody whats to have on their shelves, a 3-Diamond Planet Robot :)

We, sort of, worked out a plan to start this project. I think its Ultra Cool and if the robot will turn out the same way we have  in mind... WOW :)
It all starts with the shape of the robot....for that... i will take apart my Diamond Planet Robot and will make High Resolution detailed 3D scans. Together with John I will discuss, how the parts have to be scanned, adjusted and finished to build in the technique to bring this robot alive...quite a delicate and difficult job for sure. 
I hope we can get started somewhere early next week, no hurry, there is enough other work to be done for both of us but lets give it a try and start this project. :)

For the time beeing, I added some pictures of the "Victim" :-)......  lets turn this Blue Diamond into a 3-Diamond Planet USA-HOLLAND creation :)

To be continued.......

4943.jpg

4942.jpg

4936.jpg

Wow , good news , good luck Marco & John , we expect great things !

BTW , I want a serious discount on that DP once it's re-assembled ! :thumbs:

Egads; a Diamond Planet for the masses!?!  :eeek: It doesn't get any better than this!! Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!!  :thumbs:

Well, it took some time to find all the topics back again :)
The "Roulette" seems to be over a bit now here on the forum so its time to move on.

A quick update... still in the middle of Gosstavos and full printing for roboter 703-D
Tomorrow I will take the Diamond with me to the Caves to make a cool Youtube Movie and prepare him for the "surgery " which is needed to make good scans of this legendary robot...
Pretty excited and i cant wait to see the first test prints... John... Make sure you have enough PLA in tha HUT :)   

Marco 

Archived