Alpha Strider a new 3d printed robot project

robothut

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, not bad, you can hardly notice the difference. :thumbs:Now you just need to correct the wording to The Wizard of Washington.

Here is a video of my Alpha Strider...you get to see the different lighting effects John set up for it.

Programmed. Black body and legs, red arms, feet and gear case (just the out ring, not the gears). Is that doable?

No hurry and thank you John.

I need some help. Any one want to be in charge of making a list of who wants what and there preferences. Then we can update the list as the robot s are made., You would have to go back threw this thread to make the list and determine who all ready got there robots. I need the same help in the Alpha-Rama thread . Building robots is one thing but trying to keep track of all this is sucking the fun out of it and its work now. I am not looking for work, as I am old I just want to have some  fun when I can and do new things as they pop in to my brain. any one like book keeping ? This week I am trying to build up these bots for my collection, each robot takes about 2.5 days in printing and build time. Then when I run out of materials I have to wait for that suff to get here. I can see there is a benefit to doing a set build size, that way you can pre order the amount of materials that you will need. But I do like being able to just build on demand. It seems like 3d printing is perfect for build on demand. The only draw back is I can not buy a boat load of expensive servos and controllers and rolls of plastic and have them sit around. Yes I could raise the price so that having parts laying around is not a issue, but I want to keep this a fun thing for every one, put robots in the hands of collector's that normally would not have this type of robot. OK back to the work shop.

My Alpha-Strider has landed, and my goodness, WHAT A BOT! I chose the manual/remote control version. Acknowledgement goes to Ken for his fantastic box art, as always, superb job.

MANY THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU.

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0868.JPG

Archived